Toyota recall surely not

Page 1 / 2
kcf, May 14, 7:36pm
Look at it from another point of view . Toyota has a corporate culture of "we want to fix things" and also a pretty high level of caution. So what you're actually seeing is a company that will recall a lot of cars "just in case".

As compared to say Holden or Ford in NZ, who will be more likely to just let things ride.

I'm not saying one is "better" than the other (I have two Toyota's, and a Holden, so I have a foot in each camp), just that as a company Toyota is very good about wanting to fix stuff. Mitsubishi in NZ is also very pro-active in that way too.

If you have a look at the vehicle recalls page, you will find that this also reflects the different company outlooks, and it is nothing to do with how likely a car is to have a bunch of stuff wrong / faulty (cough*Mercedes*cough)

henderson_guy, May 14, 7:39pm
Lol now tell the rest of the story. The fault is with the takata airbags, and relates to vehicles made a decade ago! And Toyota isn't the only manufacturer with recalls.

trouser, May 14, 7:46pm
Toyota have had many recalls. Not exactly exciting news.

lk104, May 14, 7:48pm
Boring!

3tomany, May 14, 8:11pm
yea GM and ford have both already done theirs. Good on Toyota for finally getting around to it though.

3tomany, May 14, 8:17pm

lk104, May 14, 9:21pm
No, because VW or Euro recalls dont get mentioned. Its just the tall poppy syndrome as usual. There are motor vehicle brands affected, but as usual the thread is labelled Toyota recall, not 10 car brand recall.

lk104, May 14, 9:31pm
Before YOU post again - Wrong!

a.woodrow, May 14, 9:36pm
Read the link in post 11, problems with the airbags started 10 years ago

brapbrap8, May 14, 10:09pm
Wrong.
Mitsubishi NZ told me they use the same airbag components as Toyota etc, yet they will not do a recall even though they also admit that 100% of 2011-2013 Tritons have major faults with the wiring for the airbags and seatbelts that can cause them to not work in a crash, as well as trigger the warning lights on the dash.

I have 2 Tritons that have had faults with the airbag system, first one I had a big fight with my local mitsubishi dealer about, they said that my airbags would not work in a crash but it was not urgent to fix and just sort it out at the next service. Ended up in a fight with them about that and even ended up with the police involved when I refused to return their courtesy vehicle until they fixed my ute!
My other Triton has just had this fault happen now, Mitsi said they have turned the airbags off for now but we should keep driving it until they get in the new wiring harness and other parts required to fix the airbag fault in these.

Of course I am not going to keep driving around in a ute with no airbags like Mitsubishi NZ expects people to, if the parts to fix it do not arrive in the next couple of days I am considering formally rejecting the vehicle as it is unsafe for my staff to drive.

edangus, May 14, 10:35pm
Thanks for that - we have 3 - Just going to check model year.

tamarillo, May 14, 10:56pm
Woah, that's seriously bad and surprising these days. If you get no where you might shame them through news media.

edangus, May 14, 11:42pm
Talked to my Mitsi Dealer (also an associate) it would appear this can be tested. Worse case they need a new loom. Its not a 100% problem as far as he is concerned. Simple check can be done. Booking ours in.

lk104, May 15, 12:12am
Read it yourself, This is a different from an earlier problem with Takata airbag inflators that deployed with too much force, which affected Honda Motor Co., Chrysler, BMW and Ford Motor Co. - look Euro vehicles!
This current one affects Nissans as well.
Just typical that everyone picks out Toyota.
In all recalls since 1985 - Hyundai tops the list, followed by Mitsi, VW and Volvo, Chyrsler, American Honda, Ford, BMW and then Toyota.

lk104, May 15, 12:16am
ITS A BRAND NEW ISSUE!, they havent been more procactive!

ema1, May 15, 1:46am
BMW are affected by this latest recall as well, there Euro's mentioned.

wizzbikz, May 15, 2:57am
Bet you still belive in SANTA. Wake up mate !

lk104, May 15, 3:01am
What an totally inane comment!
Is it school holiday time again?

mugenb20b, May 15, 6:00am
Well, my '93 Toyota has no airbag issues at all (and yes, it actually does have air bags) so what point are you trying to make?

a.woodrow, May 15, 6:14am
Maybe you are so defensive because you work for toyota? I have worked for them before, they aren't a proactive company when it comes to issues with their vehicles.

cagivachick1, May 15, 6:41am
what a pack of bstards toyota are. fixin-
g a problem. how dare they, the OP sounds like some sort of knuckle dragging troll

3tomany, May 15, 7:01am
if your gauge of a good brand is the number of recalls they do you better buy a GM or ford product as they are way better at fixing faults than most other motor companies

kcf, May 15, 7:11am
I think I just caught "stupid" from re-visiting this thread.

Will be careful not to make that mistake again!

3tomany, May 15, 7:17am
yip you did not look very bright with what you said earlier LOL

designerliving, May 15, 9:12am
MMC do NOT use the same components they use autoliv not takata, The triton SRS issue is a DTC judgement criteria issue. Just so you know the critea for DTC judgement and deployment are totally different. your triton is perfectly safe to drive