UK midweek visits - suggestions welcomed.

socram, Nov 24, 5:54am
IF I can persuade Mrs S to let me go to the Goodwood Revival September 2016, apart from catching up with family and friends, a golden opportunity to do a bit of selfish car stuff.

On my hit list at the moment is the museum at Brooklands, the Gaydon Heritage Centre, possibly Donington (been there dozens of times before as it is fairly local). Plus, a tour of the Morgan factory, possibly a call in to Silverstone.

Any other midweek suggestions that aren't too far from the centre of the UK?

seadubya, Nov 24, 6:21am

clark20, Nov 24, 7:34am
Beaulieu National Motor Museum including Top Gear World http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/
This is great and worth while

Get your tickets early for the festival , I hear it sells out quick

msigg, Nov 24, 8:07am
Duxford old airforce base, if into military, ground and air, great place.

socram, Nov 24, 8:49am
Thanks. Did the National Motor Museum last year.

#3 - it is the Revival, not the Festival. The Festival is end June, the Revival is the race meeting. I may be able to wangle a paddock pass for the Revival, one way or another.

I have been to both before, but never had the luxury of being selfish at the Revival. Photographers' nirvana.

Sorry, not into military nor air, though I haven't been to the science museum for many a year, but not really keen to go into central London just for that. London motor museum looks to be a good possibility as Hayes isn't too far off the main routes. Thanks for that.

We did Sparkford (Haynes) in Devon two years ago. Excellent. Caistor in Norfolk was also impressive, though you can't take photographs there which is a real pity.

bill-robinson, Sep 14, 1:26am
bovvington tank museum, or yeovilton naval aviation museum come to mind