Toyota Blade Owners

Page 1 / 2
mazzman, Feb 21, 9:06pm
Hi team,

Do any of you have one of these translated owners manuals or seen one before?
http://jpnz.co.nz/product/toyota-blade/

I have the 2007 Master G and have managed track down a bit of info for the 2GR-FE engine via Camry/Aurion manuals, just wondering if these translations would actually be worthwhile.

For you V6 owners what's your oil preference at the moment?

Cheers

intrade, Feb 21, 9:11pm
dont put wrong oils in modern low emission emitting cars, everything has to be exactly right or you start a chain reaction of destruction, that includes toyotas. or any other make

pauloc, Feb 21, 9:18pm
Those manuals are superb. Direct translation of the original Japan owners manual. Well worth the small investment.

ralphdog1, Feb 21, 9:58pm
Does anyone know if their manuals go into details with respect to operating the sound/navigation systems that are all in Japanese?

vtecintegra, Feb 21, 10:00pm
I don't really see how they could because there are so many different variations available (maybe they do the most popular couple of models)

As an aside I've found the Google Translate smartphone app useful - you can snap a picture of the screen and it'll translate (or at least partially translate) into English.

kazbanz, Feb 21, 10:11pm
Nope and theres not a lot of point anyway re satnav. it doesn't work.
Ive retrofitted kiwi stuff in a few now.

rbd, Feb 21, 10:38pm
The best use for Japanese market stereos is doorstops. Lots of better options for not a lot of money.

Remember the days of $1200 tape decks?

vtecintegra, Feb 21, 10:41pm
It's more complicated if you want to keep integration with the rest of the cars systems

gunhand, Feb 21, 10:43pm
I remember buying a $1200 Kenwood cd player that flipped its front around, man was that advanced and cool. Now I can buy a unit for $89 that will do 50 times more things. 40 are mostly stupid and pointless. but still.

ralphdog1, Feb 21, 10:55pm
Am well aware the Nav system will never be any use, other than keeping the clock accurate!
However can't retrofit a NZ new option as the system is required to drive the aircon etc.
The thing I am interested in is that it has a hard disk as part of the Nav system, and I believe from other readings that you are able to load (rip?) CD's from the CD player to the hard disk and then still play them from the HD once the CD is removed. Would like to work out if that is the case and if so how to drive it.
It's a 2006 CM2 Accord BTW.

mazzman, Feb 21, 10:59pm
Thanks guys. Sounds like the manual is a goer. I'm mostly wanting the manual to assist with any warnings that may occur to ensure I've got an english reference.

vtecintegra, Feb 21, 10:59pm
It probably isn't worth bothering with - you should have an Aux input (or the ability to easily add one) in that model so just use that with a phone or iPod

BTW I think you can replace the entire unit with the non nav version - it will be a whole dash panel that includes the stereo and climate controls

kazbanz, Feb 21, 11:01pm
AHH different car. I thought it was from radio to hard drive. I think youll need to get the sterio instructions translated. Happy to be proven wrong.

gunhand, Feb 21, 11:03pm
Now ya got me curious, how do you add an AUX? Wouldn't mind being able to this myself.

gunhand, Feb 21, 11:15pm
Well thats cool, sort of. Not sure I'd want all the cabling lying about though. Interesting though.

neo_psy, Feb 21, 11:47pm
I sprang for the manual; quite useful but only mentions the "standard" stereo (single DIN thing) and not the double DIN nav/HDD thing mine has. Have figured out how to record CDs onto the HDD anyway.

ralphdog1, Feb 22, 1:14am
How hard was it to figure out, and more importantly is it possible to share?

saki, Feb 22, 4:22am
As an owners manual the jpnz for sale here are rearly good I have one for our axela 2.3.

mazzman, Feb 25, 11:43pm
Just out of curiosity, what tyres are you running on your Blades? I've got Michelins that are looking like they're nearing the end and just looking for some options. Without starting tyre wars, what's worked on your Blade and what hasn't? Cheers :-)

mazzman, Feb 28, 7:31am
Anyone used Nexen N8000 or Toyo Proxes 4 tyres? Thoughts?

skull, Feb 28, 8:35am
Whatever my Blade had fitted when I got it were the noisiest tyres I've ever had on rough chip main roads so choose your tyre brand/model carefully. Sorry I can't help with what brand mine were, if I'd kept the car they would not have been replaced with same.
If a tyre guru can tell what they were from this photo then avoid them
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/367192638.jpg

bashfulbro, Mar 1, 8:03pm
I bought a Toyota Vanguard, the entertainment unit , was brilliant, the best i`ve seen, but all in Japanese, i learnt how to work everything,but eventually it started to annoy me, especially the Japanese mapping .
I got a NZ , replacement one fitted, expensive, but good.
The manuals were all in Japanese too, i went to local Toyota dealer and they put my chassis number in their system, and found that RAV 4 manual, was OK for my car, English manual cost me $12.

Maybe, you could do the same with Blade manuals.

bashfulbro, Mar 1, 8:07pm
Should be easy. in my Vanguard, i simply put a CD in to play, and a little light, record option came on screen, touched that, and as it plays the CD,it records it to the hard drive.

mazzman, Mar 2, 6:26am
Nice ride. Did you let her go?

The Nexens look like they have a good reputation I just don't know anyone personally who has used them.

mini-mac, May 21, 3:02pm
The tyres that came with mine were noisy as hell too.
I chucked them in the first week & put Michelins on~~couldn't be happier.

I was tempted to replace the stereo/gps unit but had a fiddle with it & got the bluetooth working.As I already had a TomTom unit, I couldn't see the sense in wasting that so I got a band expander fitted to the radio & all is good.
The Master is my second Blade, the first was the 2.4.
A good car but the Master is way superior.