Toyota Avensis owners.

fekim, Jun 18, 8:01am
Hey people. I have just bought a mint 2008 Avensis. Finally figured out what the little wheel thing was on the dash, - to alter the height of the headlight beam. There is a push button to the right of the "wheel". When I push it without the lights off, nothing happens. When I push it with the lights on, a brighter red tail-light comes on, inside the main tail-lights. Only on the right hand side. Friend says it's to use when driving in thick fog as this light would be seen before the actual tail-lights. Sounds right but we could be way of track. Any ideas? TIA

gammelvind, Jun 18, 8:09am
Yep a fog light

nesta129, Jun 18, 8:16am
Nice fekim. just one question,when you reverse,how many reverse lights come on in the back?
Note-need to be outside to observe this while someone else puts car in reverse.
Just want to check on some info.

fekim, Jun 18, 8:25am
nesta129. Only the left hand reverse light comes on.

_peas, May 29, 1:15am
Same as the Legacys. It had me stumped for a while. No doubt some poor people following me with the blasted red lamp flashing as I flicked it on and off to try and figure out what the hell it was. The Legacy has a standard incandescent bulb for reverse and an LED array for the red fog light. The red fog lights outer LEDs are white and act as a reverse light only when the fog light is on.