2004 VW Passat V6 4 Motion

Page 2 / 2
tamarillo, Feb 13, 9:23pm
Poster, did you buy it?
Don't let these anti euro people put you off, you just need a workshop who knows them and it's fine, I run euros for far less than some people's toyotas.
Passat is well over in Europe, VW to them is like Toyota to us, reliable.
The 4 motion is of course more complicated with drive chain so if you don't need or care go for later front driver, and 2 litre petrels still went well.
Did you buy?

tsjcf, Feb 14, 2:52am
It does not take much searching online to know that the Passat is not the most reliable car out there in any country. here is one comparison.
http://www.truedelta.com/Toyota-Camry/reliability-264/vs-Passat-282
You cant see all the years but you get the trend.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 14, 3:01am
I think you missed the point a bit. Sure, if something is used for rentals chances are it's pretty bullet proof.

Trouble is, people tend to take these things too far and ONLY buy what's popular as a rental when their needs are actually quite different.

Rental car companies don't care at all about things like fuel economy, comfort, features etc. They mostly just want something that is as bomb proof when heavily abused as possible.

Just like in the Otara council toilet example, most people don't need that sort of extreme reliability under heavy abuse and would be better serviced with a vehicle that offers them a better overall balance to suit their needs. In other words, they can afford a bit more luxury and efficiency because they are not going to do stupid things to it.

If they are going to treat it like a rental, then good luck to them, I don't want to be recommending anything to people like that anyway.

haventrader, Jun 18, 6:46pm
Oh boy. The research you do is obviously non-existent. Or is your research from the Toyota website itself?