Wing mirror for a Toyota Allex 2003

elantiles, Feb 2, 12:54am
My son leant on the wing mirror and broke it, it still has the wires connected and I taped and glued it up but its come away again. I have no idea where or how to get it fixed, anyone that could give me some advice it would be appreciated

kazbanz, Feb 2, 2:27am
elantiles---you need to buy a second hand wing mirror and have it fitted
If its the correct one you don't have to worry about the color because the back is held on by clips. What you do need to worry about is how many wires it it.- five or three.
To fit the mirror so its "on" is really easy--its held on by only three bolts
Its a bit more difficult to get in and plug the wires in but you don't need to do it -it just means the electrics don't work
To get electrics working means removing the door skin and plugging in the plug

elantiles, Feb 2, 5:46am
Does anyone know, is it illegal not to have the left wing mirror?

kazbanz, Feb 2, 6:13am
no it isn't

elantiles, Feb 2, 7:30am
Can you sit your restricted without it?

grangies, Feb 2, 8:17am
A simple "cheers" . or "thanks for that" goes a long way.

ema1, Feb 2, 8:40am
Some folks have a limited vocabulary where "Thanks" and the like don't exist . pity.

elantiles, Feb 2, 8:59am
Geez keep your hair on, I actually messaged the guy with the link, read out the comment to my son, I wasnt sure everyone came back in every 5 minutes for a big thankyou, but note to self. dont ask for help on trademe message boards BUT I did appreciate the replies alot (not the rude uncalled for ones, and dont bother abusing me anymore because I am not coming back)

kazbanz, Jul 9, 7:55pm
You CAN do whatever you choose to. The testing officer my decide to be a prat though and say the car isn't up to WOF standard. By the time you've finished argueing that its not a legal requirement the time slots gone.
So you might win the argument but loose the reason for argueing.
Also to be honest part of the test is correct use of mirrors etc.
The testing officer is watching the driver looking in the mirrors etc.
-PS a little hint for the learner driver. --slightly exaggerating the movement when looking in mirrors helps get a pass.-literally turning the had and lifting head slightly.
anyway as I posted earlier a new mirror isn't hard to fit