Mitsubishi Lancer GSR Limited

tub4, Nov 9, 2:11am
My wife's keen to trade her wee Kia on a new Mitsubishi Lancer GSR Limited.
Anyone know much about these?

tamarillo, Nov 9, 2:27am
Very good value for money. But that's because it's an old design and can't stack up in comparison with other, newer designs.
But great warranty, good price, and reports are there's been no problems.

fatman08, Nov 9, 2:28am
Daughter purchased 1 a week back, very pleased.

tamarillo, Nov 9, 2:47am
Also note the auto is an old style CVT , rather dronny, some don't mind but worth checking how you feel.
Basically it has to be really good price or it's worth looking at more modern designs.

brapbrap8, Nov 9, 2:59am
I have one.
They certainly are not the latest and greatest car but they are more than good enough for me.
Mine is just over a year old and have done 30,000km trouble free.
Have been getting better than the advertised fuel economy too, usually about 6.5-6.7L/100km.
The CVT is good as long as you are not a fast driver, the tiptronic works well for going a bit quicker if you want to.
They are pretty simple and reliable, cheap to service and are really not known for any issues.
Definetly good value for money, as long as it drives nice enough for you then you won't regret it.

tub4, Nov 9, 4:06am
Thanks guys, I know nothing at all about them so thought I'd better ask.
She's coming up 58 so it's not going to get a great deal of use but its all ways hot running as we're 15km from town and she's not clocked up 40k in 5 & a half years in her wee Kia Coupe.
She'd like a sedan because the grandkids are getting bigger and she sometimes needs to run my mum around.

brapbrap8, Nov 7, 5:08pm
Good idea, they are more than roomy enough.
I have had 5 adults and all their gear in mine on some long trips without complaint.