Holden Trax Vs Ford EcoSport

dee238, Apr 7, 4:20am
Which out of the two models below:
1. Holden Trax LS or LTZ
2. Ford EcoSport Trend or Titanium
would you consider the best in the later models, i.e. 2013-2015. Must be petrol and automatic. Tia.

monaro17, Apr 7, 4:37am
Ecosport. Other than Commodore (IMO) every single so called Holden product is absolute crud. The Ford is literally light years ahead of the horrid Trax

jhw2, Apr 7, 7:06am
I'd drive the new Mazda CX3 before buying either

gettinggrey, Apr 7, 7:15am
Drove the new Titanium Ecosport.
What a noisy, badly finished vehicle.
Road noise is very intrusive.
Agree with jhw2, the Mazda CX3 would be worth a look.

_frodo_, Apr 7, 7:41am
Wait a couple off months. the new honda hrv is due for release this year (Google honda vezel - that's what it is called overseas). Will be a cool car and is based on jazz.

skull, Apr 7, 8:27am
If a Kuga isn't too big drive one of them before you settle on the Ecosport. As others have said try the new CX3 as well. I found the Ecosport noisy and gutless. For another $6k more than a brand new Ecosport you can get a very low km Kuga Titanium. You'd be looking at another couple of liters per 100k though.

stevo2, Apr 7, 8:51am
A friend has the new Trax and he's very pleased with it.
To new to tell how its going to pan out long term.

tamarillo, Apr 7, 10:10am
Feb wheels mag reviewed new cx3 and loved it.
They tested the eco sport and trax a while back and I think much prefered eco sport.
But the new Mazda is in another league it seems.

Do you need the height for access? If not there's arguably better city cars like Mazda 2.

phillip.weston, Apr 7, 1:00pm
I have to wonder why is there a market for things like the Trax, Ecosport and CX-3? What is it these shrunken SUV/CUVs do that a regular hatchback can't?

inkapuka, Apr 7, 4:20pm
Go down gravel roads faster. l used to live on one and a local used to fly down it in one of them Kia things

stevo2, Apr 8, 5:44am
Better visibility at intersections, and easier for the oldies to get in and out of. Some people like to think they look a bit cooler than your average Mazda2 or Corolla.
That is all.

john7891, Apr 8, 6:11am
My wife purchased an Ecosport (againt my advice) and loves it - being a little lady likes the extra height. In my opinion would be a lot better vehicle with the diesel motor as per the Focus. Interior is crap.
Endorse above suggestion/s that you wait to see what the Mazda CX3 and the Honda are like.

franc123, Apr 8, 6:21am
Some also appreciate the boot floor being higher off the ground too, less bending over needed :). The fact Holden have.not bothered with offering an AWD variant of the a Trax hints that this feature isn't a high priority with its target market here. Its Opel/Vauxhall Mokka twin in Europe apparently does.

dee238, Mar 22, 3:41pm
My reasoning for the Trax or Ecosport was the same as #12 above. Also the boot capacity once the back seats were down. And I don't need a big engine. These two vehicles seemed to cover these requirements. But I am no car buff, hence why I came here. Thank you for the advice above. Will check on the Honda Vezel and Mazda CX-3, and maybe think about the Kuga.