1994 Mazda Lantis Help

clawcontrol1, Jul 26, 11:09pm
When I turn the headlights on the two indicator lights also turn on, not flashing though, but still work as indicators independently and hazard lights still work as should. They only turn on in the front, the rear does not. Any ideas, I have checked all fuses but maybe I am missing something.

Thank you

quickbuck, Jul 27, 12:04am
As it is not an NZ Model, my guess is they are supposed to do that for extra lighting. It was a 80,s/ 90's Japanese thing as bikes used to have their front indicators glow when the headlight was illuminated.

kazbanz, Jul 27, 12:12am
clawcon troll--is this something that's suddennnly started happening or is it an always thing?

ozz1, Jul 27, 2:36am
worked on a import bg astina. same thing. it actualy had a small factory switch with a "fog light "symbol on it. it had come loose and was hiding under neath the lower panel (above drivers knees) it was switched on. had me stumped till i found it hiding.behind panel. refitted it. switched it to off.pointed it out to customer. and all ok. strange thing to do. but thats the japs for you.? using front indicators for fog lites?

jazzy_drama, Jul 28, 11:45am
They are suppose to do that on those cars, i think

pandai, Jul 28, 12:15pm
This is pretty common (or legally required?) on cars sold in the USA

clawcontrol1, Dec 15, 4:34pm
Thanks for that, sounds like its normal then.