Toyota Isis Platana

mkenzi, Jun 9, 8:59am
Hello
What is this car like ?
Are they reliable ? any common faults ?
See several 2005 2006 models going for aprox $ 5500 6000
Thanks

kazbanz, Jun 9, 8:42pm
mkenzie-The Isis platana is based on the Toyota corolla,feilder or wish running gear.
So as long as the vehicle is the 1800cc with the normal auto gearbox they are a darn good vehicle.
The 2000cc version unfortunately has the D4 engine which in NZ is a pretty bad engine.
In japan it runs really well --In NZ with our rubbish octane boosted gas --not good.

tamarillo, Jun 9, 9:13pm
Is there really a car called an Isis platana? Is that even allowed?
Sure you're not dyslexic and mean plant?

mkenzi, Jun 9, 9:47pm
haha
Is a 7 seater family wagon with sliding doors on side
Yes is a Isis Platana
2 litre !

kazbanz, Jun 9, 10:43pm
I refuse to stock anything with the 2.0l Toyota D4 engine because of the issues with it .

mkenzi, Jun 10, 4:19am
kazbanz wrote:
I refuse to stock anything with the 2.0l Toyota D4 engine because of the issues with it
May i ask what type of issues ?

lk104, Jun 10, 4:22am
He already said in Post #2

kazbanz, Jun 10, 4:26am
I already covered that off--The issue is the D4 engine. D4 is Toyota's version of The Mitsubisho GDi engine.
The idea is that unburnt gasses get recirculated and reburnt creating a cleaner exhaust emission.
What happens in NZ is that the combustion area and inlet tract get gummed up with "goop".
Some "mechanics" have tried the fix it in a can solution but reality is that there is only one solution. Pull the head off and clean everything out. a labourious and expensive repair.

lespat, Jun 10, 5:14am
Who would by a car with a name like ISIS?

kazbanz, Jul 5, 7:29pm
Funny you should say that--have a look at how many are advertised just as Platana