Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia

satincurls_nz, May 5, 9:43pm
Hi. I am about to buy one of these. Who out there has owned one before and what did you think ?

intrade, May 5, 10:29pm
um they made the lancer sinca about 1980 and yes i had one from 1982 it was ok and a good car for the early 80s after that mitsubishi went down the hill with the only make of car where you could guess that the engine computer had crapped out when it played up and you where 80% right just by that guess. later on i dont know if that was fixed but all other car makers added so much electronic that they are now on the same level as mitsubishi with failing electronics and broken down cars whom are not 100% serviced correctly

andy61, May 6, 12:33am
Dont do it, there are far better cars out there.Failed transmissions and high oil consumption is very common.

franc123, May 6, 12:39am
Add to that failed radiator fan controllers which can cause overheating which is the absolute last problem you want with a Mitsi and the usual ongoing GDI miseries at high kms. Really only OK if you can afford to walk away when major expenses come up and you get it cheap enough to start with.

richardmayes, May 6, 12:44am
When the British stopped assembling cars in New Zealand at the end of the 1970s, Mitsubishi decided that SOMEONE needed to go on supplying cars that blow blue or black smoke out of their exhaust, and drip engine oil all over driveways, and if the British were no longer interested in doing it, then, by golly, MITSUBISHI were going to step up to the plate and take the bull by the horns!

(Seriously, There were a few of these imported when they were still a new-ish model. They were NEVER popular. And they seem to be COMPLETELY overlooked now, there must be a reason?)

kazbanz, May 6, 2:00am
please for the sake of your sanity don't do it.
Cedia's have a real issue with their transmissions.You will literally hear the transmission scream when its getting bad.
The fix costs around $3700. The fault is generally one bearing but you have to totally dismantle the transmission to get to it.

brapbrap8, May 6, 2:09am
I would pass on the Cedia too, the older or newer model lancers are great, reliable vehicles but the Cedia had a lot of issues.

jrlaw, May 6, 7:28am
Had a Cedia 1500 with c v t trans. went really well sold it at 162000 k's, had it for 12 years. Great car all round

fordcrzy, May 6, 7:58am
RUN FORREST, RUN!

joanie32, Feb 10, 2:15am
Daughters done 50,000k in hers without issue. Drives very nicely, I'd buy another one.