Toyota auris owners question.

slacker8, May 27, 10:20am
Hello people,
Short version, 2007ish auris owners, what colour is your centre console around the stereo? straight black or is there a sparkle in the black?

Long version, trying to find out the colour black around centre console stereo to see if it matches a toyota blade master g. Replacing the headunit and need a new fascia to fit around stereo.
The toyota blade fascia is $160ish and the auris is $55 and both look identical. Just can't tell if the colours match.
My toyota blade as a sparkle in the black and just want to match it, perhaps this is why the fascia is way more expensive?

Any help would be great, thanks.

tamarillo, May 27, 8:42pm
kabanz will be able to say best way to do this so bumping up so he sees this.
I hear they go real good.

kazbanz, May 27, 9:09pm
Slacker-quick answer -the facia in the Aurus at "a car yard somewhere" has in stock is a sparkly black colour Assuming its the same as a blade could cost you $55.00
I'd be finding out what you get for $55 and $150 because the parts might be different--ie one includes brackets etc.
That said I can't understand your issue. What is wrong with the existing facia from your car?
Why can't you just reuse it?

slacker8, May 28, 5:40am
Thanks kazbanz, the kits the same by the looks of it, but will double check to make sure it has the same stuff, I'm guessing toyota shopped around in the same parts bin for these two cars.
I don't want to use the exsiting facia because the car is ex japan and the stereo gap is 200mm wide, and i brought a new double din unit which is 175ish wide, so it leaves gaps down each side. I have seen a kit which only fills in these gaps so that may be a cheaper option too.
ahh the joys of getting a new headunit.

slacker8, May 28, 8:46am
Cheers kazbanz, have brought a set of the spacers, hopefully it will look alright.

kazbanz, Sep 2, 3:02am
Ive never had any complaints as to the looks and Ive installed hundreds with the spacers.they just kinda disappear out of sight.The only time you sorta see them is if the radio is silver.Then Ive color matched em to the radio with a spray can