Registration of a trailer

allan7, Aug 13, 6:51am
The trailer has not be registered for 3 years so needs to be re-registered. Does it need a WOF firsted?

m16d, Aug 13, 6:58am
Na. trailers don't, but you won't be able to do it on line for some reason, you'll hafta go see Rajib down at your local PO. or go VTNZ.

mrfxit, Aug 13, 7:06am
New plate as a rebuilt or new trailer (take you choice)
This years new plate will give you access to 12month wof
No wof needed for reg.

petermcg, Aug 13, 7:25am
MR2b VIN excempt vehicle

lookoutas, Aug 14, 7:05am
So a Rebuilt will still get a 12 month WOF?

mrfxit, Aug 14, 11:02am
As far as I know because it's still a new rego/plate & spose to be rebuilt to new std's.
If you reg an old trailer as new, then it's faintly possible there could be a problem with insurance in an accident.

lookoutas, Aug 15, 6:08am
See the problem is - if I put a WOF on my trailer, it's expired by the time its full of garden crap and ready to be dumped.
We put a new WOF on our work rubbish trailer the other day, but it was 14 months since it last went to the dump!

mrcat1, Aug 15, 6:39am
Do they actually deregister trailers after so long? I have a feeling they don't, you just go in and register it again and away you go.

mrfxit, Aug 15, 11:22am
2 years since last reg expired & it's removed from the system

willy911, Aug 15, 11:41am
we registered our trailer with new rego and don't need wof for 3 years cost about $95 needed wof to do it

froggyb, Aug 16, 6:07am
98.55 for 12 months
86.25 for 6 months

intrade, Aug 16, 8:15am
jup just went and got me new plates for the trailer so i get a 1 year wof old plates where 98.
98.55 for 12 months filled in form handed over cash got a plate to stick on trailer domestic home bult including horse float is what i ticked
got to get wof if i use it on the road not required wof for plates also no chassy numbers on my trailer.
they sent me a note my trailer will derego on end of jun so i got new plates before it deregod in case it was to hard to get new plates but most easy to do.

mrfxit, Oct 4, 9:00am
LOL, if you don't intend to use it on a public road then why bother getting a new plate for it.
Don't need a reg'd plate or wof just for off road usage