Little motors question?

Page 2 / 2
intrade, May 13, 12:23am
this is the guy you need to call for the book its where i got it from by paying him.
http://www.olct.co/electronic-specialties/tmx-meter-kit

tamarillo, May 13, 12:26am
Ha! That's why I have so many typos and bad auto corrects. Boredom helps!

tamarillo, May 13, 12:28am
Brilliant, in fact old Cordless drills complete maybe, then you get gearing and reverse.

intrade, May 13, 12:35am
reversing a motor manually is easy making it reverse on its own is a hell of a lot harder to do, as there wires need to be changed phisically postive negative reversal to do this , its why you cant just wire a up down switch to a door window motor to open and close the window. easy as when you use your hands and reverse polarity manually with the human hand .

bigfatmat1, May 13, 12:40am
Wiper motor has heaps of grunt has a crank utilizes a common power feed then each speed is dependant on which wire you earth out one of the wires is park though.

skin1235, May 13, 12:42am
and it doesn't even need to be one with a working battery, even the 9.6V ones work fine when wired to a 12V battery
in fact under the bench in my shed is about 7 or 8 such units a small 12V battery or that jumpset mentioned earlier will certainly suffice for the source

they would cost more in freight than they are worth - these ones were a box lot from a second hand shop, some had dud batteries, others had no batteries ( and they're simple to wire up, theres only 2 clips, add a wire to each and go to each post or cable from the jumpset, squeeze the trigger and its away

skin1235, Feb 1, 2:19am
me?, skyte?, never
mind you I'd put a bigger angle so the broom handle is not so straight up above the motor, have it leaning out of the cauldron a lot more ( that would have taken a whole 2 minutes to do ) lol

it looks very easy in the link, and really wouldn't take you long to figure it out
I'd say the learning curve if such will be the wiring - 12V either works or it doesn't, and in a project like that it wouldn't cannot go wrong I had a look at that vid an re-assessed that 10 minutes to 5 lol
the initial plan of a wiper motor motor would be excellent, as bitfatmat says they have variable speed and would spin slow enough to remain a visual rather than a blur _ a 6V battery would be slower still