1978 Mitsubishi lancer

cleverrock, Nov 28, 9:50am
does anyone have any idea what my 78 lancer would be worth? its been off the road since 2011 has a few bits of rust in the sills and the passenger doors have been kicked in. but its fairly straight and complete apart from the dash. running a 1200 and 4 speed, it runs and drives good. just wondering what its worth.

msigg, Nov 28, 9:58am
At a guess $500, could cost 500 to get it back on the road and $1000 for panel repairs and paint, then could be worth $3000

intrade, Nov 28, 10:14am
is it on hold or deregistered?

franc123, Nov 28, 10:15am
Still got live plates?

tamarillo, Nov 28, 8:19pm
Can't see it's worth anything.

intrade, Nov 28, 10:01pm
well it is worth something even just in parts.

These where the good generations of mitsubishi mitsi started going down the hill in 1986 with the colt they made that year cheaper foam in seat cuttting cost hear there and then putting Some One-hung-low capacitors in the engine computers to save a few more cents whom did start to leeake on to the circuit boards anywhere after 4 year+
i pulled the ecu from my 95 corolla its capacitors are 20 years old kml or something brand that must be military stile caps in there as the lifespan is 10 years acording to a expert blogger.

cleverrock, Nov 29, 12:34am
Reg is on hold

bwg11, Nov 29, 3:05am
You are right, but it started before the Colt. My father had several, first was a 1975 Galant 1850 GL hardtop, which was a good car (if you could forgive the oil consumption) followed by an 1981 Lancer 1600 EX which also was a reasonable car. RWD, 5 speed and an acceptable handler - by the standards of the day. Last one was a 1984 Mirage Geneva. It was a terrible car, how the torque steer got so bad with so little power I will never know, bit of trim literally fell off, and worst of all, it liked half hour rests periodically. Obviously an electrical issue. It spent as much at the Franchise as in my father's garage. So in that 10 year period, Mitsubishi went from good to POS.

ctmh, Nov 30, 7:20am
Anything older and rwd is worth good money. Other Mitzi motors fit in them reasonably easy, 4g32, 37, 62 or 63 are easily fitted and probably wont be recognised to be of any trouble at WOF time, same with 5 speed. I believe given it's complete and live you should see a couple of thousand dollars or even more without too much effort. Being a 78 it could be one of 4 models i know of, all had issues with drainage in doors and rusted lower frames, especially back doors.

cleverrock, Dec 2, 2:39am
its not perfect but its complete with the original black plates on hold. its an A140 model

ozz1, Dec 2, 5:23am
rwd or fwd?

rodh, Dec 2, 5:26am
$1 my top bid

ctmh, Aug 8, 5:10pm
A140 Would mean it's a Japanese model as Nz models were all letters rather than numbers. Nz version would be a NB or Lp from memory. Nb has long flat tail light and LP has same but with dome at end near number plate. Nice little cars, quite rare now.