Digital speedo wind-back?

drog, Sep 26, 9:04pm
Query. Can the car ECU (on-board computer) be interrogated to check if the digital odometer has had a 'wind-back'?. Thanks.

kazbanz, Sep 26, 9:20pm
in what car?

bumfacingdown, Sep 26, 9:53pm
Red one

clark20, Sep 26, 11:04pm
One with an ECU ! That that must cut it down to 75% of cars?

drog, Sep 26, 11:10pm
For Kaz: 'Skyactiv' Mazda 3. Excuse my ignorance everyone - I'm an old reprobate.

johotech, Sep 26, 11:13pm
Perfect fit for this forum.

drog, Sep 26, 11:16pm
Ta.

clark20, Sep 26, 11:27pm
Mazda is probably the best place to take it to and ask.

intrade, Sep 27, 12:17am
yes the thing is the answer it spits out might or might not be the truth.
Like on my vw i got the function to check odometer tempering via factory scan tool. on my one it just comes up as function not implicated because it only stores the odometer data on the instrument chip.
To figure if tempering has occured 2 or more places must be called uppon for milage or prediced milage records. if they dont mach witin each others parameters 20% maximum for a example over 200 tousend km. then the system will show as tempered .
most cars have 3 or more places where odometer records are stored.
Would you reprogramm them all to the same readings, then no tempering would be detected . Ignition lock number 1 instrument cluster numer 2 engine controller 3 and gearbox 4 all can have odometer milage recording chip, deviation between these are detected as tempering.

petal_91, Apr 30, 6:16pm
If it is NZ new then surely the odometer will be correct. In NZ no one clocks petrol cars, only diesels.