Mazda issues

skatz1, Aug 12, 9:29am
I have noticed while stationary at lights in traffic etc that my axela shakes. I feel it in my seat and my rear view mirror vibrates.Have had the sparke plugs changed and have had the engine mounts checked over and they are fine . anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

brapbrap8, Aug 12, 9:32am
Auto or manual? Does it still do it in neutral?

skatz1, Aug 12, 9:40am
Tiptronic and Yeah I think it does do it in neutral

budgel, Aug 12, 11:15am
What revs is it idling at?

stevo2, Aug 12, 5:45pm
I assume plug leads were checked at the same time plugs were changed?

kazbanz, Aug 12, 8:52pm
1) right top engine mount. It can "look" just fine but its an oil filled mount that gets cracks-that leaks the oil out and the car feels harsh to be honest that's the biggest cause.
2)The throttle body might need a clear out.
3) You have a dud coil-axella has individual coil packs and they can break down at idle.
4)AFM needs a clean or replacement.
Or "something else" --being just normal stuff to check.

skatz1, Aug 13, 1:42am
it idles at just under 1 RPM

luke041, Aug 13, 1:55am
top engine mount

skatz1, Aug 13, 4:08am
Ok silly question. the mechanic showed me the 3 mounts underneath the enginge. is the top mount above the engine? or one of the underneath mounts?

kazbanz, Aug 13, 4:14am
open bonnet-Look down on the engine-look at the right front corner.of the engine. Look across to the right of that and you will see a metal "bridge" and under it a round metal "thing" with rubber inside it.--THATS the right top engine mount. --from your prospective looking in it will be left front of course

skatz1, Aug 13, 7:17am
Thank you! that is very sturdy and is not loose . hmmm it must be something else

kazbanz, Aug 13, 9:26pm
Sorry .it might very well LOOK just fine looking down on it. the oil inside wont leak upwards. it will leak downwards.
I was just giving directions to its location. down under it is where you may see a trail of oil. -allowing that the car has BECOME harsh whilst you have owned it. it wasn't already harsh.
I did actually point out in post 6 the first few things I would personally be checking in an axella with your symptoms
1) right top engine mount. It can "look" just fine but its an oil filled mount that gets cracks-that leaks the oil out and the car feels harsh to be honest that's the biggest cause.
2)The throttle body might need a clear out.
3) You have a dud coil-axella has individual coil packs and they can break down at idle.
4)AFM needs a clean or replacement.
Or "something else" --being just normal stuff to check.

luke041, Aug 13, 10:04pm
you need to pull the top part of the mount off (ali bridge looking thing) and check it that way.It's the only way you can do it. I have replaced two of these this month on customers cars or just ring the mount shop and see how many they sell.

skatz1, Aug 14, 1:22am
Thank you guys, is this a common issue with Axelas? The mount does look brand new but will get someone to investigate the top mount.

kazbanz, Oct 12, 10:23am
I have offered several possible causes.--the mount is number 1 but other options are equally valid