Car battery charger question

Page 2 / 2
christin, Sep 29, 10:11am
Thanks. I have charged the same model battery on the previously charger which is the 2amp basic version of this one so assume this one should be able to handle this model too. Also not getting a fault light that it's unable to be charged which is what got me querying it!

If all fails this weekend I will take sonewhere to get charged and replace battery or charger with above if hers what the issue is. At this stage don't know if battery too dead; charger unable to cope etc so a bit reluctant to buy anything more till I know.

Found a battery place up the road from me that I think I can take it if it needs full charge than maintain it on charger inside or disconnecting earth so shouldn't get to this stage again.

thejazzpianoma, Sep 29, 4:09pm
SEE POST NUMBER 6!
http://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/Product/Solar-Maintenance-Charger-Maintenance-1-5-Watt/416104

(Get the next size up if you can afford it though)

skull, Sep 29, 4:40pm
I think one you have the battery problem solved this time your best solution will be post #28. You won't need an extension lead for that and the output will be enough to keep the battery topped up for months on end.

christin, Sep 29, 5:59pm
Yeah I'll get one of those when sorted, although disconnecting it will also keep it charged?

I think this charger has a mode thst will too if I have the battery inside,,., wikl read the manual further when I get home. - altho solar less hassle

christin, Jan 7, 1:40am
Left it on charge longer yesterday. Also checked with multi metre.

From what I can tell it already has 6v of charge, and because it picks it up as a 6v battery I think that's why it isn't charging or saying its faulty as it sees it as charged?

I'll try on another 12v battery tomorrow and see if thst picks it up as 12v.