Dangerous and inconsiderate cyclists

Page 3 / 3
seadubya, Sep 21, 6:44pm
We've got a few thousand coming soon for the annual round the peninsula K2 cycle race. SH25 is notorious for it's lack of passing opportunities or lanes & covered in pot holes & slips, but it's all good. We'll all just scare the shit out of each other, hopefully everyone will get home safe.

purplegoat, Sep 21, 6:56pm
Oh FFS . next you'll be saying a blue car is the same as a red car .
Or a stop sign is the same as a give way sign .

philltauranga, Sep 21, 7:08pm
Yes Ive taken heaps of machines up your way over the years, recently the "sand bag" beach repair.
There are a few stopping bays, it would be good if they tarsealed them, the gravel ones are full of potholes so I need to slow right down to pull into them and the que behind me nearly rearend eachother. lol
Some of those blody tight corners need widening too, in a semi you need to cross the centerline on blind corners, so you just go into them slowly holding the air horn on LOUD, most of the locals get it and you creep round the corner to find them stopped and waiting for you, but Ive given a few tourists a fright over the years.
UMMM duh. what that really loud fog horn noise, some people cant seem to put 2+2 together?.
A few improvments up there would go a long way to make it safer for trucks, considering how much forestry and farming there is there.

henderson_guy, Sep 21, 7:11pm
No, but a road block is a road block. At least a motorised road block is doing 80

henderson_guy, Sep 21, 7:12pm
. How do they get from Northport to the rest of the island?

philltauranga, Sep 21, 7:58pm
From the other thread:
Trogedon wrote:
"TARGA is car racing on public roads that inconveniences people who want to use those roads for 'normal' activities but I’ve never read you moaning about that. You’re either misinformed or a hypocrite – or both."

I was trying to keep on topic, we were taliking about cyclists.
There are a number of events that close roads or inconvience motorists, we dont need to list them all do we?
The *point* I am trying to make is prehaps we need to look at "relocating" any or all of these events away from our really busy state highways, but I can see if I continue to make my opinion known, the cyclists will hack me down, so I will stop my misinformed, hypocritical moaning.

philltauranga, Sep 21, 8:38pm
First line in the thread:
"Once again, the open road is blocked by a slow moving road block."
Hahaha
Yet for my job I drive very wide and very heavy trucks down the state highways,
you know the ones with all the flashing lights and pilot vehicles taking up both lanes on the road, doing walking speed up the hills.
yet here I am moaning about everyone elce.

hypocrite.

henderson_guy, Sep 21, 9:03pm
The difference, Phil, is that the likes of you and I will allow other traffic to pass where we can. However, some motorists just won't be patient and wait.

trogedon, Jan 12, 5:03pm
You obviously missed my cynicism in posting Winnie's idea.