Lead acid Battery top up

sprinter51, Jul 13, 11:20pm
They say not to use tap water
well I did a test on both tap and bottled water

To my surprise Pure Dew from countdown was almost pure 2 parts per million impurities where as tap water (Ak town supply ) was 65 parts per Mil

Reason for the test was to find the purist water on the market for cleaning printer heads
A nice result with $1.75 for a liter bottle
I have no connection with the company that makes it, just passing on some good news

mrfxit, Jul 14, 8:10am
How many others did you test

intrade, Jul 14, 8:20am
yea how did you test we recomend pure dew to be used for mixing with coolant concentrate on vehicles also. As always the destilled water that in europe is sold for ironing shirts cheap in supermarket. of course there has to be a extorion amount of money charged in this country like for anything . where there is little or no competition.

intrade, Jul 14, 8:26am
pure dew is no good for drinking as drinking water should have minerals .So i write on the water do not drink for cooling system only.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 14, 10:03am
I have been using pure dew for these purposes too. Great that you tested it so we know it really is distilled as advertised.

socram, Nov 26, 7:04am
Now we have self defrosting fridges, I'd just use the water that collects in the dehumidifier.

The last battery I had that need refilling lasted 8 years. The 2002 Mini Cooper S sealed battery lasted just over 15 years.