7 seater Toyota vehicles question.

nomes_r, Feb 11, 8:43am
Your suggestion of the Toyata Mark X zio suits our needs perfectly. We haven't got one yet, but will find the right one in a few weeks. Thanks again for your help.

flyboyq300, Jan 17, 1:49am
Can anyone suggest a reliable Toyota model to replace our very unreliable Honda Odyssey. I have up to $15,000 to spend and would like to know what years and models are recommended. Thanks.

franc123, Jan 17, 2:19am
A late model Estima would fit the bill surely? Some of them are 8 seaters too and there is V6 and 4x4 options if you wanted that. Plenty of choice for that budget. There are smaller more car like options like Ipsum etc but these are pretty compromised compared to the bigger vehicles.

sheena32, Jan 17, 2:25am
granvia van. I had one no trouble bar alternator which was a hundy to repair great towboat 7 seater

jmma, Jan 17, 2:38am
What is photo number 14?

laspaz, Jan 17, 2:41am
What year odyssey do you have and what problems?

flyboyq300, Jan 17, 3:01am
Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned that we are not keen on a van.

Laspaz, the trouble we have had with our 2004 Honda has been never ending. It started with having to spend around $3,000 on it within a week of purchase, as it 'suddenly' developed automatic transmission problems. The person we purchased it from gave us back $1,000 to help with the cost. Two years later, the automatic transmission needed doing again. and now 2 years later. yet again! This time it was due to the dodgy mechanic leaving a bolt too loose. (He is no longer in business). Everything else you can think of has also been done, big jobs amounting to so much money it is not worth keeping. We have friends that have Odysseys and none have experienced the problems that we have, but I never want to own another one.

kazbanz, Jan 17, 3:03am
Toyota ipsum 2.4 2001-07 is a direct competition to the oddity. -same size and basic layout.
Toyota previa/estima -same running gear but a tonne more room inside. - for your budget I'D say you are looking at 2006/7 models.
Toyota Noah 06 model is more vanlike.
My personal favourite is the Toyota Mark X zio -youll get an 07/08 for your money fairly easily -and with low k's
They are less |people moverish"

johotech, Jan 17, 3:07am
I guess they don't use the same dodgy mechanic you did?

It's not Honda's fault that you had to repair your transmission twice, and now it has failed again.

flyboyq300, Jan 17, 4:42am
Thanks for that very helpful information.

flyboyq300, Jan 17, 4:45am
The dodgy mechanic was only used once! Some mechanics are telling us it is Hondas fault. We didn't know it at the time, but apparently honda Odysseys are well known for their transmission problems.

sheena32, Jan 17, 4:54am
yup terrible

fordcrzy, Jan 17, 5:00am
look at a 2005 ish toyota ipsum, but aware they have some faults too. triple check the steering rack to subframe bushes as these fail all the time. check for clunking from the front suspension strutts that are only available from toyota at about $2000 each, and have the auto gearbox and cv joints a good work over as they tend to eat these too. (our cv's were stuffed at only 70,000kms.)

intrade, Jan 17, 5:49am
photo 14 is the lubrication for the flux capacitor poster #5 i would say.

gammelvind, Jun 23, 6:10pm
Are you sure? I kinda figured it was the oiler for the automatic turkey baster.