Things dropped on the road.

Page 2 / 2
cmx4eva, Aug 2, 10:24pm
gas bottle bounced out of a caged trailer in the eastern bop causing a fatality some time ago-tie yr loads down, even with a cage!

gabbysnana, Aug 4, 10:05am
Damn just watch dashcams australia where a truck picks up a trailer leaf spring and flicks it into the windscreen of a following suv. A few inches the other way and the driver would be dead. There was also the beer keg that came off a brewey truck like a missle that munted a whole car. Shudders**

exwesty, Aug 4, 11:01am
My son hit something on the road a few weeks back in the dark, driving along as you do and a huge bang. Apparently he pulled over and had a look around the car but didn't see anything so carried on driving home 200kms away. next day at work he noticed he had a flat tyre so changed it and found this.
https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/845426086.jpg

tweake, Aug 4, 11:16am
going down auckland motorway i had a surf board come off from some car on the other side and landed right in front of me. straight over the top of that. the traffic behind me had time to stop.

another was plumbers downpipe come off a small truck on the motorway. it went right over the lane, went straight over it and blew it to bits.

i've picked up ladders.

found a trail of firewood down the road.

plenty of wood off trucks or half a tiedown. they really should have covers om the side boxes. tho i had a ute go in for warrant and the guy must have checked the side box and left it open.

quite often find soil/mulch etc from garden centres on the road.

tho had council contractors doing tree trimming and driving along with no covers on so all the leaves where blown out of the truck as they drove. saves on dump fees i suppose.

apollo11, Aug 4, 11:51am
The entrance to Aro street in Welly was blocked off by an overloaded trailer full of gravel. Both wheels had collapsed and splayed outward, and the driver had unhitched and taken off.

apollo11, Aug 4, 11:53am
A mate had an instant flattie on the front wheel of his motorcycle when half a pair of pliers pierced the tyre and tore a large hole in it.

mrfxit, Aug 4, 11:54am
Hit a 'still hot' truck brake exhaust unit 1 night.
Saw a dark patch on the road but yep, too late to do anything about it.
Barrel rolled & bounced under the car denting the exhaust system in many places & curving a slit out of 1 part, ripped out my speedo cable & bent the 2x1 box steel gearbox cross member back about 50mm

cabrio1, Aug 4, 5:52pm
I collected a hammer in the fast lane, instant blow out and a hard left in rush hour Auckland traffic.
Found a superb lump hammer lying in the road once, still have that.
6am Just missed a truckload of Armco lying in the road on a wet bend,
Guy didn't tie it on properly.

sooby, Aug 5, 7:31am
Me too! Good score as those things aren't cheap!

trogedon, Aug 5, 9:24am
"Has been used lots since." Ladder or wife?

yz490, Aug 6, 4:46pm
Coming through the Norsewood 'swoop' [i'll call it] coming south about 20 years ago a wheel barrow came off a truck in front of us. Not sure now how i got it in the car but might've had trailer on--anyway, he was long gone by that stage. Not a flash heavy barrow but sure wouldn't want to run into it.

saxman99, Aug 6, 4:55pm
Following a roadworks crew one day in our old camper and a 6 foot crowbar fell off the deck, flicked up and then rolled along the road, just managed to brake & swerve to avoid it because of a decent following distance but crikey it was close. Easily coulda killed somebody.

apollo11, Aug 6, 4:55pm
Well the wife would be a bit wobbly, so probably the ladder.

poppy62, Nov 2, 1:50am
Yes to both!