Replacing battery

dbolton, Aug 9, 8:04pm
Nissan Tiida Car battery is getting pretty weak and need to replace it. Just wondering but the car is fitted with a keyless start and a factory fitted alarm. Should I encounter any problem if I just disconnected the battery and quickly put the new one in. It has electric windows but not self closing etc

dbolton, Aug 9, 8:25pm
Already seen thes but when the ignition is turned off is is not live. That would mean I have to leave the ignition on. Would that not cause a problem

snork28, Aug 9, 8:28pm
no, it will still put just enough power in to keep your settings, radio etc etc.

snork28, Aug 9, 8:36pm
as long as you have power to the lighter when car is tuned off, push the lighter in and see if it gets hot when the key is turned off.

msigg, Aug 9, 8:43pm
Yes that is a good thing to use, the guy at the battery shop does this if you ask him. All good.

desmodave, Aug 10, 9:16am
Any1 use the OBD2 type that you plug into the obd2 port .

the-lada-dude, Aug 10, 10:36am
Nissan Tiida Car,. if she's done more than 120,000 km . that'll be your problem straight away

seems to be , f you get 5 > 6 years from an automotive battery

kazbanz, Aug 10, 1:05pm
You won't have an issue with windows or alarm but if the car has a reversing camera then you may loose that-if you have a startup disk for the camera tthen youll be fine.

gammelvind, Aug 10, 2:52pm
I have one of those OBD2 cables that clip onto the battery so you can lift the old battery out and keep it connected while you replace the new battery. Bit of a juggling act keeping connection while removing cable clamps, but using a screwdriver in the clips under the clamps works fine.
Or use another cars battery if the cables are long enough.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Professional-Universal-OBD2-Automotive-Battery-replacement-Tool-Car-Computer-ECU-MEMORY-Saver-Auto-emergency-power-supply/32792561902.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3e474c4dx5rSeZ

esky-tastic, Oct 30, 4:41pm
10 and 12 years here and still going strong, motorbike battery went for 11 years.

But it seems some are not luck with batteries.