Toyota Rush opinions

toyboy3, Mar 13, 9:07pm
Good or bad see it is 1500cc look like a high seat position

msigg, Mar 13, 9:18pm
Yea all good, typical Toyota,not my cup of tea , each to their own.

tamarillo, Mar 14, 4:29pm
Check out how narrow it is, then ask yourself if you do open road driving and how stable that would feel. Do you need four wheel drive too? I think it's a Daihatsu relabelled.

kazbanz, Mar 14, 5:20pm
The Toyota Rush IS a Daihatsu Bego -same vehicle.
mechanically more Daihatsu than Toyota
IMO they are the direct replacement for the 1994-2001 Toyota Rav 4 size wise but they are so much better. Quieter, way more fuel efficient. More comfortable to drive. They are in my experience 50/50 front wheel drive and all wheel drive so if you don't want/need awd theres plenty of choice.
Incidently the Suzuki sx4 1500 is pretty similar.

dbest, Mar 14, 5:30pm
Yea more Daihatsu mechanically, engine is a Daihatsu built.I think its a nice looking car and feels well built and quality however I felt it is under powered.

tgray, Mar 14, 6:41pm
Love the factory green colour. Incredible.

joanie04, Mar 14, 6:56pm
Friend has one. There are a few around here in that colour

lythande1, Sep 4, 7:48pm
Actually they are in fact the same as a Daihatsu Terios.
And REAR wheel drive, not front. Some are 4wd.

I have one.
The 2wd model. It's small, has an amazing turning circle, easy to park. I like the being up high(ish) and the straight seats, no sinking into the floor tilt.
It has a lot of room for such a small SUV. I bought it because I wanted small (but no coffin car things) and for the seats.

It's not bad, being a 1.5l, certainly doesn't have trouble getting going up hills or such. Of course if you wish to race about, forget it but it isn't gutless.

mack77, Sep 4, 10:07pm
Toyota Rush is the same vehicle as a Daihatsu Terios, they just appear to use two marketing names. They are very good off-road and will outperform most other AWD SUV'S. They may suffer from some body roll on the road though, I haven't driven one, but would be interested to hear from somebody whom has driven one.
They are fitted with a Toyota 1.5 litre 3SZ-VE engine.

rovercitroen, Sep 5, 7:56am
I see a couple advertised with a proper manual gearbox.

kazbanz, Sep 5, 1:47pm
It gets "better" than that. The EXACT same vehicle has three names in NZ Toyota Rush. Daihatsu Terrios and Daihatsu Bego.
they are very nice to drive on road as a rule.
I must add I had a brain fart in my earlier post. They are always rear wheel drive (not front wheel drive) .Some are all wheel drive with diff lock.

mack77, Oct 5, 2:46pm
The other transmission option is a proper 4-speed automatic gearbox.