The All New Petrol Powered Tesla

Page 2 / 2
intrade, Nov 13, 11:07am
yea only thing is the generator would need to be a 35kw deutz= 5 ton plus fuel to be of any real use . might as well drive a diesel to start with.

shakespeare6, Nov 13, 12:45pm
Thought water and all the crap sat on the bottom of the tank? Last time I looked in a fuel tank the pump sucked from the bottom ? So wouldn’t it suck all that up first?

poppy62, Nov 13, 1:35pm
You're quite obviously angling for an argument, as I'm not one of your favourite posters. An engine ( which is the power source) can run out of gas even if there is a full tank of petrol because of a blocked filter or, water in the tank, burnt out/ low pressure at the pump and a lot of other issues. If you really need to have me point out all the nit picky stuff that you are wanting to take issue with then. You win! I bow to your superior knowledge you are a Sage in the Auto world and a force not to be challenged.

poppy62, Nov 13, 1:37pm
There is a reason that people are advised never to run their cars low on petrol. I leave you to find out why.

apollo11, Nov 13, 2:44pm
Are you sure? Hybrids seem to cope with a smaller lump.

intrade, Nov 13, 5:23pm
a tesla is not a hybrid they have a huge mother battery . if you want a hybrid get a woodgas ganerator on a trailer then your real green . Well if you apply the logic greenies use anyhow.
https://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/01/wood-gas-cars.html

sr2, Nov 13, 5:59pm
One would suspect that with the proliferation of petrol stations in NZ the only people who run out of fuel are those who are amongst us (sadly) who are too stupid to be able to read a simple gauged or for financial reason should have avoided purchasing a car in the first place!

nice_lady, Nov 13, 7:30pm
Nah. That would mean that in this country the Govt would have to put on a lot of transport for workers who don't work in CBD's and theres a sh*tload of them. Rural workers - no private transport ? Yeah - Nah.

apollo11, Nov 13, 7:31pm
A 100kw battery will give you a range of over 500km. So you need a range extender that can output minimum 200w. This is the energy required to cruise at motorway speeds, accelerating to those speeds will take a fair chunk of wattage, so you might need to run your 3kw range extender for a while before you set off. You don't need to tow the equivalent of a Tesla supercharger station behind you lol.

bill1451, Nov 13, 7:42pm
No problem just replace the rubber seals on the boot to stop leakage of said electricity, oh and just bore a couple of holes for cables in boot and seal with rtv, just means you cant use the boot for any thing else.

apollo11, Oct 25, 3:04am
You are trying to bring logic into an argument where it doesn't belong. The UN want everyone to be living in cities and surviving on stuff grown in vats. And there are crazies out there screaming that humanity only has ten years left until oblivion anyway.