Tesla Vs Tree

Page 2 / 3
alowishes, Apr 21, 1:21pm
I stand corrected!
Trouble with skin-reading is the mind replaces a misspelled word with one that suits the letter number and layout.

gpg58, Apr 21, 1:37pm
Hey, put your clothes back on, or did you mean skim-reading.

gunna-1, Apr 21, 1:56pm
You lot never cease to amaze me, i had a few bears for lunch, about four once and drove somewhere at about four in the afternoon, there was heaps of drink driver harassment going on back then wich is why it worried me about loosing the car or my licence, but food with lunch, the beers, and a few hours past its likely i was under the limit anyway, you make drivers look over there shoulders so often we need self driveing cars, so we dont rear end some poor bugger looking over our shoulders every three minuits to make sure a pig isnt in the rear veiw mirror after his daily quoter fill.

gunna-1, Apr 21, 2:01pm
Bollox, it dosent kill that many, nothing like it use to, it,s the "one death is one to many" propaganda that is where the issue is, and after 20, no 30 years of grilling the issue its now a big waste of money as far as accidents go anyway.

perfectimages, Apr 21, 2:07pm
# 28: I wonder what a few bears taste like? (beef or chicken maybe?)

gunna-1, Apr 21, 2:09pm
I might be bad at spelling, but you lot are a bunch of "chickens" with alot of "beef" with a heavy diet of propaganda.

intrade, Apr 21, 2:15pm
i read elon mustard is going full wuhan-denial-and.scrub.

apollo11, Apr 21, 2:37pm
He had the three bears for lunch- or did they have him?

gunna-1, Apr 21, 2:45pm
they ate someone with faith in the system instead.

serf407, Apr 24, 7:12pm
Plenty of things to hit out in the desert.
Tanner Foust to drive Rhys Millen prepared Volkswagen ID4 electric in NORRA mexican 1100 mile off road race.
Appears to be only rear wheel drive.
https://dirtfish.com/off-road/volkswagen-supporting-entry-of-its-electric-suv-in-off-road-race/

harm_less, Apr 24, 9:24pm
The car is being driven by a Four-time US rallycross champion not AI so hardly comparable to the Tesla issue in the OP.

intrade, Apr 25, 11:13am
Here is luise rossmanns theory and it could also be plausible.
The guy crashed and driver door would not open so he went to passanger side and that also did not open and he burns to death in passange seat. I recon i would have at least 3 windo smash hammers with seatbelt cutters in a electric car so you can find one of them in a crash and burn. as you dont have long in a electric car fire to get out and no one can put thet fire out once the battery pack is on fire.

philltauranga, Apr 25, 1:18pm
Perhaps they should be made to have built in fire extinguisher systems, like many mining and forestry machines have. Activated when a crash is detected to automatically isolate the power and fill the battery compartment area with whatever fire suppressor is suitable.
Out of interest. anyone bother to watch the video linked in #19 and find thunderfoots calculation for the weight on the gate valve a bit. off?
Going from the weight of 1 locomotive to the weight of half a million locomotives because of the length of the tube. hhhmmmmmm?
Then there is the irrelevant comparison with the channel tunnel, which is 3 tunnels and needed 11 tunnel boring machines, each tunnel had 4 tunnel boring machines to go that 50km. The French side rail TBM going under the land section was used to do both land section rail tunnels due to the short distance.
Thunder foot is making a comparison of 4-TBM per tunnel to 1-TBM
Am I missing some thing with this guys video?

intrade, Apr 25, 1:22pm
38 you cant stop a electrical fire what they would need is blastoff door hinges on all doors and hatches so you could get out . but then again they be randomly blasting off doors on the freeway lol.
What you miss with tunneling is the cost of the same size tunnel takes the same cost for booring company as it does for any other company. its not X times cheaper like electric hesus is preaching.

intrade, Apr 25, 1:30pm
this is the only knowen current way to fight electric battery fires
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/26/firefighters-dropped-smoldering-bmw-i8-water-tank/

philltauranga, Apr 25, 1:57pm
Im referring to the speed of the TBM not the cost, the whole point his is making is about the speed of the TBM and how long it takes to do the job.
Any speed comparison would need the machines in the same material and only the speed of the TBM compared, not the total construction time including building the stations.
Please explain to me in how he got the gate valve calculation, I don't understand what he says.
To me if I had a 1m long cylinder and filled it with 100psi of air, then that's the pressure it would need to withstand, if I welded 10 more cylinders to it to make 1 big 10m long cylinder and filled it with 100psi of air then that's the pressure it needs to withstand right? . but if I used thunderfoots calculation then it will now need to withstand 1000psi, because its 10 times longer.
Does the same rule apply to a vacuum tube, am I missing some thing here? he is saying that the weight on the gate valve is now half a million locomotives because of the length of the tube?

apollo11, Apr 25, 2:15pm
Wrong.

intrade, Apr 25, 3:11pm
the speed of the TBM and how long it takes to do the job.
that all depends on the geological material to drill. I have worked drilling probes pulling geological samples along the neat trans alpine tunnel project in switzerland . so they could work out how to go about drilling the rail tunnel . We had all sorts of problems once blowing rotten water 20 meter in to the air when we wanted to fit another 9 meter booring bar. or broken off pipes at 900 meter deep. all sorts. The blow out preventer was there so if it was gas you kill it and it cuts the drill and pipes sealing the boor hole. Never came to it but that water did smell rotten and we had a job sealing it to continue drilling on.

intrade, Apr 25, 3:20pm
https://www.alptransit-portal.ch/en/events/ereignis/work-begins i worked there operating night shifts feeding 9 meter drill pipes with the hiab to the drill rig. do you really think they spend hundred of millions on test boors if it was . meh we dont need to know what we drill. https://www.alptransit-portal.ch/Storages/User/_processed_/b/0/csm_Loetschberg_Voruntersuchungen_Sondierbohrungen_1991_02_9c1ba590b1.jpg
you can see the hiab in the immage. one time i had to clim the drill chuck to untangle the pulley on top of the rig and one time the feken pully came down and almost hit a guy. We said it never happend or we be shut down the boss said.

apollo11, Apr 25, 4:09pm
It's not a standard TBM.
https://www.boringcompany.com/prufrock

intrade, Apr 25, 10:02pm
looks like electric jesus gospel is bull$. t well not news to me.
Ars Technica: Consumer Reports shows Tesla Autopilot works with no one in the driver's seat.
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/04/consumer-reports-shows-tesla-autopilot-works-with-no-one-in-the-drivers-seat/

apollo11, Apr 25, 10:13pm
From your article "He then placed a weighted chain on the steering wheel", so sort of like putting a brick on the accelerator pedal. What an utter drop kick.

philltauranga, Apr 25, 10:28pm
Interesting. I was at a drill site making a delivery many years ago, drill rig was driven by a very large Detroit 2 stroke, 16v92 from memory, it was running full noise then just stopped dead, wtf happen I ask they guy onsite, "stalled the drill head" the thing sounded awesome, full noise to an instant dead stop, I bet that's hard on equipment.

serf407, Apr 29, 8:27pm
This a 30 min video on the VW ID4 electric suv that Rhys Millen and team prepared for the Norra 1000 mile off road race. (Baja, Mexico)
An engineer had to reprogram the code to let the car run with a race seat instead of the standard seat.
https://youtu.be/A-M3t4ISaZ8?t=263

At the end of Day four of the event Rhys was leading overall in his v8 petrol powered buggy and the VW ID4 driven by Tanner Foust made it to the end of day four too.

serf407, Apr 30, 5:49pm
Rhys Millen unofficial P1 - Mexican 1000
https://www.norra.com/m1k_cars_scoring.php?stage=C53SS2

Tanner Foust/ ID 4 - completed course in 37 hours, total time 22 hours slower than Millen's time.