Mazda 121. HELP NEEDED

freesia, Apr 17, 2:43pm
Son and heir is about to do his restricted drivers test on Tues morning and I have just been told the tiny side indicator (the oval one just forward of the fron passenger door is not illuminating. I need to fix it quickly. Can anyone tell me how to do this so I don't break the whole fitting?

meow_mix, Apr 17, 3:06pm
You will need a new bulb so you might want to pop to the local garage or auto parts store and they can do it. You should be able to pop the lense off by carefully prying the back of it with a small slotted srewdriver or craft knife.

s_nz, Apr 17, 4:22pm
As per the above. Most likely blown bulb. Go to somewhere like repco and they have a small charge to fit it for you.

gunhand, Apr 17, 4:49pm
I suggest you google (youtube) side indicator lamp removal. Yes its very simple but get it wrong and you will smash the lense or holder and that will ruin your day. You have to remove the unit as one and replace bulb once its out and you can get to the rear of the unit. Bulb will be in its own holder that twists into the lense unit. Again, be careful because you can break that too if you are rough. All you need is a small flat head screwdriver. If you can see that the orange part of lense sits on top of a black or white base you need to get under the base part not between it and orange part. The base part will only be couple mm thick or so. When you insert screw driver the unit will pop free at that end, if it doesn't try from other end. Force nothing.
Good luck.

freesia, Apr 17, 5:07pm
Thank you so much everyone

kazbanz, Aug 20, 5:19pm
2 strips of duct tape over the indicators. problem solved.