Help with Hyundai Getz Radio

ract, Mar 25, 6:27pm
Hi there, I am in need of some help with my Hyundai Getz radio.
The car’s battery had been disconnected and when reconnected the security code was needed to be set back into the radio.This is where it all goes wrong for me, as I do have the code but the buttons on the radio will not accept them, nothing shows on the radio as the buttons are pressed. Before the battery was disconnected the radio worked fine but could not be switched off if the ignition was on. I have tried disconnecting the battery overnight to see if the radio would reset (like powering down a computer to reset)
I know that the security code that I have is correct.It came with the car when we purchased it new and has been used before.

intrade, Mar 25, 6:39pm
x1
check fuses. if ok you want to hook a factory scantool on it. was there some chip on the battery terminal? if so the battery also needs programming.
is the red light flashing on radio?

dlin9, Mar 25, 7:06pm
Sounds suspiciously like the radio is faulty if you were having trouble with it turning off previously. They never were very reliable units even when new

If you want to be 100% sure the pin is correct though I can tell you a way to double check if that helps

Factory scan tool won't help with a radio on a Getz unfortunately & no need to program a battery on one after replacement

Upside is they are a standard size so you can easily replace with a much better aftermarket unit from Repco, Supercheap Auto etc

itsafamilything, Mar 25, 9:47pm
The Hyundai dealer service dept will tell you the procedure. Ring them.

franc123, Aug 29, 7:57pm
The radio is either faulty or you arent using the correct sequence to enter the code. You need to consult an agency.