Can I reject both of my near new, 9 month old cars

Page 8 / 8
ronaldo8, Mar 27, 3:46pm
That oil looks clean to me as well, A jar full was opaque. big deal. A jar full of new oil is close to opaque. The stuff near the filter is clean. It looks exactly like oil that just come out of a motor thats recently had an oil change.

ronaldo8, Mar 27, 3:49pm
Exactly.

gpg58, Mar 27, 4:38pm
Yes see earlier pic of cut open filter, those in the trade i have shown it too, including holden parts staff and my local service center owner, agreed that with the carbon in it, and the dirty rag from dipping it the oil, that it did not seem to them that it had been changed either, so that's approx 20 local folk, plus those on here, and including the dealer that now owns it.

gpg58, Mar 27, 4:43pm
So as you can now guess, its no longer mine, its replacement is in my drive.
Commercial vehicle dealer was happy to give me effectively 12K, for it.
Now have an excellent condition, manual 2010 suzuki jimny, with just 57k on it, which will suit being towed behind my house bus, and my beach and river visits very well, having had one before.

Thanks all, i decided at the end of the day, i am better off too just put this issue in the too hard basket, as lifes too short to continue too stress over what has become such a small loss.
Cheers.

gph1961, Mar 27, 4:46pm
easy come
easy go

gunhand, Mar 27, 4:50pm
Good for you. Now you have a used vehicle that may or may not have been serviced 100% correctly. (insert twilight zone music) .

gpg58, Aug 28, 11:43pm
Lol, absolutely true, guess what i have just been doing?
Oil looked ok, But flushed 2 liters of clean thru anyway, filter seemed recent, and came off as easy as they should, air filter looks brand new(still pure white), engine runs very quiet, and exhaust is very clean(yes deep inside too, not the recently wiped out trick), and no visible smoke etc after the hot run home(or fumes out of rocker cover, with pcv hose pinched closed).
Clutch seems fine even when heavily loaded, 4wd low and high seem fine too. Takes off in 2nd easy, and is happy to go straight to 4th next.
No noise's heard so far, except rattles under dash, which i will sort out real soon.
Overall looking a good deal at the 3k changeover.