4th Gen Toyota Highlander pricing announced

s_nz, Apr 18, 5:30pm
https://www.autocar.co.nz/autocar-news-app/nz-toyota-highlander-pricing-confirmed-rav4-gets-increase

3.5 v6 AWD GLX: $60,990
3.5 v6 AWD Limited: $63,990
2.5 i4 Hybrid AWD GLX: $63,990
2.5 i4 Hybrid AWD Limited: $66,990
2.5 i4 Hybrid AWD Limited ZR: $74,990

Quite a price increase vs the current base highlander, but great value at the limited trim level. (3rd gen highlander GX: $55,490, Limited: 69,990).

Interestingly Toyota NZ has gone back in it's prior announcement that they were going to bring this in hybrid only. I wonder if this was driven by supply issues of the hybrid, or pressure from rental companies looking for a cheaper option (their customers pay the fuel bill anyway).
For a private buyer happy to make do with "only" 179kW the $3k premium on the hybrid pays back in fuel savings in just 47,000km.

I wonder what the Limited ZR offers to command a $8k premium over the already high spec Limited model?

serf407, Apr 18, 8:38pm
If the NZ Highlander Hybrid ZR limited is equivalent to a US spec Highlander Hybrid Platinum then some external/ internal trim differences. etc
360 degree External view camera
Adaptive front lighting
Rain sensing wipers
A large Panoramic sunroof extends overs front and first row rear seats.
Digital rearview mirror
heated 1st row rear seats
10 inch HUD and 12 inch touch screen.

The non-hybrid has a greater tow capacity than the hybrid so the horse float, boat, caravan etc heavier towing group would still go non hybrid.

cliffmate, Apr 18, 9:02pm
Have already ordered a ZR model. Has all those mentioned above but only the 8” screen which is the standard in all the other new Toyotas. Also heating/cooling front seats, heated middle row seats, HUD, along with a sunroof. Have got the single sheet blurb somewhere. I had a look at Ireland and UK Toyota, the same ZR one seems for between $NZ105k-$110K. So we are getting a far cheaper deal. They’re built in America too, so can go to Americana events locally. ha!

s_nz, Aug 20, 11:57am
The spec list above is fairly impressive, and to justify a $8k price premium.The 360 degree camera systems seem nifty, and the adaptive front lighting would be quite desirable. I also really like ventilated (cooled) seats & HUD's.

Personally get no value out of a panoramic sunroof, heated 2nd row (on a non electric car). Im not a big fan or rain sensing wipers either, but they seem common on a lot of lower spec cars, so I am surprised the Limited doesn't get that.

From the toyota NZ web page, It seems both the i4 hybrid, and v6 are getting the same 2000kg tow rating.

In the USA (which generally uses a different way of doing tow ratings) the i4 hybrid and v6 get 1588kg & 2268kg tow ratings respectively.

Congrats to Cliffmate on his/her order. The new highlander is an impressive looking offering, and the hybrid being rated at 5.6L/100km despite being a powerful 179kW, Large AWD SUV, with a 2000kg tow rating is pretty ground breaking.