'B' follows these instructions according to the 'Road Code'
Quote {
marked lanes
In this situation:

slow down before you turn
check your mirrors and look over your right shoulder to check your blind spot
signal for at least three seconds
move close to the centre of the road
turn when safe to a similar position in the road. } End quote.

'A' follows these instructions ( hopefully )
Quote Road Code {
of the road
If there are other vehicles moving fast or following too closely, or if the road is narrow, it may be best to wait on the left-hand side of the road to make the turn, rather than stopping in the middle of the road and holding up traffic.

In this situation:

signal left for at least three seconds
check your mirrors
move across to the left-hand side of the road
wait there until it is safe to turn
signal right for at least three seconds before you turn
move when it is safe.
If a vehicle in front of you has also stopped to turn right, it’s best to wait behind them and then use the same position to turn from. Take extra care on roads where the traffic is moving quickly. } End quotey

marte, Oct 2, 7:13pm
So 'A' should have pulled over to the left way before the driveway, then seeing that once traffic was clear, pulled out onto the road and stopped behind 'B' & then followed 'B' into the driveway.

tweake, Oct 2, 7:59pm
it may be.
a lot of the time it isn't.
the road code "rule" is a load of BS. any road that has room for you to stop in the left safely also has room on the left for cars to pass safely.
if you stop on the left on any busy road, you then have two busy lanes to go across which is a lot more risky.

reality is this "rule" is more of a throw back to old times when "busy" was a lot different and roads as we know them probably didn't exist.

wind.turbine, Oct 2, 8:17pm
the difference is that when there is space and a the road is clear of oncoming traffic we pull over as much as we can, just because we pull half off the road does not mean we have left the road, when there are barriers or the shoulder is disappearing ahead then we have to pull back in, we can't just come to a stop while half on the road!
where there is a shoulder big enough to safely fully pull over then yes we do tend to just stop and wait to pull back in.

so I don't really see how its at all relevant

alowishes, Oct 3, 10:35am
That’s why I very rarely pull over to the shoulder prior to making a right turn since doing that means you now have TWO lanes (at least) to contend with before making the right turn.

likit, Oct 3, 3:01pm
I think many many years ago if you wanted to turn right on the open road you pulled over to the left until the way was clear, that rule does not apply now, you just move to the right of your lane & indicate & turn when clear as you did.

tweake, Oct 3, 4:29pm
i don't recall any changes made to the rule. afaik it was just an option, and of interest it only applied on a "narrow" road, which makes it all pointless anyway.

trouble is they really have not killed it off. so you still see the odd situation as per OP, two right turning vehicles beside each other turning into the same spot.

trackim, Oct 3, 7:08pm
I think you've misunderstood what I was trying to say. I'm talking about tractors that pull off onto the shoulder (completely off the road) to allow traffic to pass, but maintaining their speed at 45kmhr. As in cars and trucks continue in their lane on the open road, without having to cross the centre lane at 90-100kmhr.
But when the shoulder narrows - like when approaching a bridge, the tractor just pulls back onto the open road and into the flow of traffic!
I agree with what you say re if the tractor has pulled left, but still is partly on the road, as in still part of the traffic. But when they leave the road and drive completely on the shoulder, then they shouldn't just veer back onto road when the shoulder runs out?

superdave0_13, Oct 4, 7:35pm
We were turning into a golf course. at the point of turning in I was coasting at 5 or 10kmh. He accelerated to get in front of me and we sort of turned in unison. Real Weird.

lakeview3, Nov 11, 7:55am
lol ok fair enough. in that case he was at fault.

Hope your car wasn’t too damaged.