Can i use hydralic fluid as

Page 2 / 2
martin11, Apr 3, 2:37pm
For a chain saw ? Yes if you what to destroy the bar ,but its better than nothing .

horsygirl, Apr 3, 4:52pm
Salt water is a better option.

gph1961, Apr 3, 4:58pm
good lord!

wheeler1, Apr 3, 5:28pm
yep but its likely to cause a nasty rash lol

m16d, Apr 3, 5:43pm
Crikey, old engine oil i'd be better that that.

smallwoods, Apr 3, 5:51pm
No, old used oil has been proved to have cancer causing properties higher than most all new oils.
I was pleased when we finally got the old man out of the habit of collecting and distilling old engine oils.
Mostly as it was a mix of all oils in the mechanics shops.
Wrecks your bars, chain links, drive sprocket, oil drives, clothes /leggings, boots, skin, love life, etc.

mber2, Apr 3, 6:26pm
no its too thin

upnorth, Apr 3, 8:50pm
I was told not to use knights oil.

marte, Apr 4, 12:23am
Can you use cooking oil? Just wondering.

Somebody I know went to a Hangi & said that all the food was tainted with the oil they had used as bar lube on the chainsaws that cut the wood used to heat the stones.

yz490, Apr 4, 12:39am
Not right i know, but being tight 'as' [---] i just use 20/50 from the 'big red shed'. Actually don't tell anyone but i drained two oil column heaters to dump & got about 8 liters & used it in the bar oil tank, plenty going through, loved it.--well it looked & smelt like oil. Probably won't do that again.

farmer517, Aug 26, 11:08am
go to your local tractor dealer and get 2nd hand hydraulic service oil ,ie from new tractors usually from 1st service.i get it free and have run it in my 3 stihl saws ,1 from brand new for the last 13 years doing around 300 cube a year and haven't had any problems yet,but of course its not recommended.take your own container and dont leave a mess if they let you get it you're self, they are happy just to get rid of it.