Diesel

intrade, Jun 15, 5:10am

intrade, Jun 15, 10:56am
Ok, i did not know what the engine was about, Thinking toyota made a new diesel. Because they all say we don't make diesel. And then you develop your own good one, and Then you can supply your engines because no one else has engines when they figure out we need ice for another 50 years . That would be how you would think as manufacturer with this global emission B$

intrade, Jun 15, 11:00am
Twin turbo V with variable vain = what my 2000 bora has variable vain turbo. I don't see intake runner crapola So they maybe have designed an engine new to not have the trash? vw are guaranteed to keep engineering diesel they had the first tdi in the mk1 golf. It would be nice if toyota built a new rugged modern overengineer land cruiser diesel.

tygertung, Jun 15, 11:42am
Could you mixed used oil with diesel to pad it out a bit?

intrade, Jun 15, 12:33pm
What exactly do you mean with pad it out?

tweake, Jun 15, 12:50pm
look like they have gone for higher air flows rather than higher pressure.
big valves requiring valve relief cuts into the piston while still retaining high enough combustion bowl lip to be able to run long enough injection.

the twin parallel turbo's like the old supra 6cyl had. its means the turbo's can run in a more efficient range.

edit; of interest is the piston design which looks like it has a chamber around the outside for blowby to go into. be interesting to see if that has vents towards the centre.

tygertung, Jun 15, 12:53pm
Well, diesel is pretty expensive, whilst used oil is free. so put some used oil into the fuel tank as well as diesel to save money. The used oil should burn OK if mixed with diesel?

tweake, Jun 15, 12:55pm
its burns, but fouls the fuel filter, screws with common rail injectors, can foul up egr system, its blocks cats and dpf's.

cleaned used oil can work ok on old engines.

tygertung, Jun 15, 1:51pm
So if you filter it a wee bit, it would be alright on an old Toyota 2C or a Nissan LD28?

intrade, Jun 15, 1:52pm
As post 8 pointed out. You can run a old 1 pop injector like my istana-mb140 or the old pre 90s hilux and older fiat anything that has a injector with just 1 opening event= fully mechanical on waste oils. New engines have injectors that inject up to 12 times during the time a old one pops the injector 1 time= That would plug the injector and also not possible to spray thicker oil that many times in this small given time A modern common rail injects.

intrade, Jun 15, 1:53pm
No it has to be fully cleaned with a centrifuge like i have called a rawpower centrifuge.
https://www.wvodesigns.com/products/centrifuges.html
And no your not going to make that your self. Any engeneer can tell you how difficult it will be to make that container with the lip that centrifuge has. its made out of solid aluminium block= loads of waste machining it but will not fail and is well balanced.
if you just filter it a bit it will block the fuelfilter within about 100km-300km or block the fuelinjector pump if you used a framfilter

intrade, Jun 15, 1:59pm
You also need a heater if the temperature is below 16° C and or purge it with fresh diesel for cold start. It will also smoke white gray for about 40 minutes and stink out of exhaust from burning engine oil= 100% clean WMO. all from experience back when most petrol cars smoked in town = i was not standing out with my old hilux 1982 engine on waste engine oil
also WARNING DO NOT MIX vegatable- and engine oils= HONEY solid goo soon after in your injection pump.
I use the vegetable oil as weed killer.
And yes a 2C or ld28 would operate fine on any clean oil most power i got from waste ATF i ran thru the rawpower centrifuge.

tweake, Jun 15, 2:26pm
yes, tho filtering is the tricky bit.
seen a few that boil it and condense it.
the other was to use a high pressure pump and force it through a "toilet roll filter".
a fancy way is to buy one of the centrifuge oil filter units. thats cleans the big stuff out really well then uses a fine filter to catch the rest.

some of the old trucks used to run a lossy oil system. they injected oil into the diesel line as it runs. just top it with oil every day and changes oil filters when required.

tygertung, Jun 15, 4:13pm
What about if it was possible to grind down old used tyres fine enough, could you use that? Of course you'd need a carrier, but would that be a possibility? I guess you'd also need an agitator in the fuel tank.

tygertung, Jun 15, 4:14pm
Maybe the tyres could be dissolved with something?

tweake, Jun 15, 4:22pm
there is factories around that convert the tires back into the basic compounds they are made of and afaik that can be used to make new tires.
the trouble is the cost, its cheaper to buy the raw material.

tygertung, Jun 15, 4:39pm
Is it better to chop them up a bit and then just bung in the log burner?

tweake, Jun 15, 5:03pm
no. to burn tires well you need a high temp burner.

intrade, Jul 25, 5:11pm
16 and 18 exactly its extremely costly and energy intensive to reverse processes That's what most knotheads dont seem to understand there is massive amount of loss and cost to reverse something . Rubbish should be incinerated and recycled what can be at low environmental impacts like cardboard