SUV's

Page 4 / 4
jesus2000, Nov 21, 12:13pm
No there wasn't but I wouldn't expect much of a difference. Even a stock V8 VE is only doing low 14s. It takes a worked on V8 VE to get into the 13s.

To say a GS350 and a V6 Commodore are similar in performance, is quite far off from reality.

likit, Nov 21, 3:04pm
VE SV6 quoted at 15.2 secession, VF definitely faster

supernova2, Nov 21, 3:58pm
Just got to ask exactly what Ute do you have that has a boot? Are you referring to the insecure wheelbarrow tray on the back?

clark20, Nov 21, 4:42pm
Still factory is around 14.1 @100mph, so 13.7 is a big increase, did you remove some weight?

annie17111, Nov 21, 4:59pm
It's a lockable canopy so pretty secure. No less secure than a car, if you want in then break a window.

jesus2000, Nov 21, 5:03pm
I took out the spare tyre and had less than 1/4 of a tank of gas. Plus I only weigh 67kg myself. All helps I suppose.

Here's one of the runs. You can just hear someone behind the camera say "Lexus pretty quick a"

https://youtu.be/jltv8YkLqs8?t=323

yendor, Nov 21, 5:51pm
Suv's are just a fashion thing, a car or station wagon is going to handle better and have just as much room. Try a Mazda 6 or Mondeo liftback.

socram, Nov 21, 9:20pm
Most drivers wouldn't get anywhere near the handing limits of any car! The Jaguar E Pace race series didn't see many falling over - not that I watched many races.

As anyone who has given people track rides knows only too well, the average punter has no idea just how fast a vehicle can corner. They always get out of the car, any car, amazed that it could corner so quickly.

socram, Nov 21, 9:22pm
Most drivers wouldn't get anywhere near the handing limits of any car! The Jaguar E Pace (SUV) race series didn't see many falling over - not that I watched many races.

As anyone who has given people track rides knows only too well, the average punter has no idea just how fast a vehicle can corner. They always get out of the car, any car, amazed that it could corner so quickly.

meow_mix, Nov 22, 5:02pm
My car can produce enormous lateral g-forces when cornering, it is a Subaru Legacy RS which has AWD, lowered on Bilstein shocks and Tein springs, on 17" STi alloys, it would take something like an Evo or Porsche to out-corner this.

djrandomguy, Nov 23, 3:54pm
Or a 106GTi [ as long as it's not raining ]

richardmayes, Oct 20, 3:54pm
My Boss has got a VX Prado, I've got a V6 Estima.

On the road he looks like a boss, I look like a soccer mum, but I don't really care.

He's got 5 seats + a boot, or 7 seats + no boot.
I've got 8 seats + a boot.

When my boss starts up his Prado it sounds like a diesel farm ute.
When I start up my V6 Estima you can't even hear the engine running.

At 100km/h on the open road the VX Prado sounds like a sluggish diesel farm ute.
At 100km/h on the open road my V6 Estima is trying to go faster all of the time, and you still can't hear the engine. But crosswinds blow it around a bit.

My Boss has 4x4 which he never uses.
I don't have 4x4 but it doesn't matter because I don't need it.

My boss has awesome towing capability but he never tows anything.
I would tow stuff occasionally but I don't have a tow bar. :-(

So in summary: My V6 Estima does everything better than my Bosses' VX prado, EXCEPT for off-road ability, towing, and looking like a boss.

So if off-road ability, towing, and looking like a boss are not important to you, consider a V6 minivan type vehicle!