Brake bleeding problem

Page 2 / 2
redhead18, Sep 26, 12:15am
Amazing read
A vehicle with a fluid activated brake system.
And ALL friction surfaces replaced.
And a pedal that well maybe feels like untrue friction surfaces……
Warped backing pads on disc pads….Twisted brake shoes…
And Insert a brake booster ;;;;;vacuum pump on a diesel and .
What?
O M G
When one has a system to increase hydraulic pressure without increasing pedal effort then the uneven distorted surfaces show?

Sheesh

redhead18, Sep 26, 12:36am
Brakes 101 How does air enter the system unless the master cylinder reservoir is empty and the pedal is used ?

Considering the master has wipe section seals and the discs have square seals and wheel cylinders have wipe seals and a line pressure valve?
When one has used professional round low tension line clamps to diagnose a diagonally distorted brake shoe in a non boosted 4 wheel drum braked mini one KNOWS that the same can cause 3 full activating pumps on a master cylinder to have some minimal pedal feel.
Such is the hydraulic leverage ratio between wheel cylinders and master cylinders

redhead18, Sep 26, 12:40am
So re post number one
Consider removing ALL new pads and placing on a decent straight edge and checking with a torch….

redhead18, Sep 26, 12:48am
As to pressure bleeding as opposed to flow bleeding and the ability of air to enter when you open the nipple…….
Reality is as simple as a moriss marina or hillman hunter clutch and a round slave cylnder capable of being inserted by a fool with the nipple at the LOWEST point NOT the Highest point-as they ALL are designed to be to be

redhead18, Sep 26, 12:50am
EGR. LOL

intrade, Sep 26, 6:31pm
now the problem of brake bleeding s.
when you slip cut your finger and it squerts blood on to the brake pad. That is brake bleeding but not what i was thinking at first.

sr2, Sep 26, 8:44pm
I think you may be confusing fluid displacement with what you call "leverage ratio"?

scuba, Sep 26, 8:44pm
Amen

strobo, Sep 27, 1:26pm
Do they have square slave cylinders too ? Don't give up ya day job will ya ;-) nothing to do with high low points ,there are leak offs along the line and where there are other parts fitted like a load sensing valve which is a high point! . It's the method you use to bleed that matters .Distance and leak off points is more important and Always the last leak off is the furthermost point from the master usually the left side rear in the right order of a bleed within a split diagonal system .Those who have been to tech have the right information and knowledge in my case 30+ years .Google is really a mumble jumble guide for dummies with conflicting information,some good information is there for parts, consumables /pads /linings etc ,but the likes of forums /tech talk no one agrees on the same thing .The system type in use or how it is serviced. correctly only comes from trained technicians . I have to say it there is more to brakes than just throwing in some pads.Should really be best left those who know better.Btw yes I get ya point about the slave.Its never been a problem to mention as far as I'm aware!

redhead18, Sep 28, 2:10am
air rises to the highest POINT.
Nae matter (refer #31)
re ((Day Job-LOL)
.Tell James his old mate that rings him and his wife and kids Personally after earthquakes is well SOLID

And well James. http://supremeauto.n-
z/about-supreme-auto/

franc123, Sep 28, 2:46am
Be careful not to give yourself away there fella. I just twigged.

redhead18, Sep 28, 2:50am
Aye Mon hope all is good in Ya hood-lol
(intrade twigged before you did i think will ring him tom and was talking to Simon last night ,,,,,
dat rigormortice wild turkey drinkin houer dat well (Bald headed old prick) ya know.

strobo, Sep 28, 4:46pm
Nah ? not the reincarnation of who I think it is ! if it is welcome back ! If it not james is someone else i think who left here a year ago or so and has 2 years up on me and was a very clever bugger and was going to court over something authoritarian and left or went on a wee holiday! His trade user name slipped me as I don't keep posts.His modus operandi is obvious in the above posts though ! lol. I believe james is doing well here in chch

sr2, Sep 28, 5:37pm
And to think there was a time when I used to fancy red heads. !

alowishes, Sep 28, 6:50pm
Speaking of old TM names; what happened to JCMP21?

gph1961, Sep 28, 7:03pm
learnt my lesson

jmma, Sep 28, 7:11pm
Maybe Redbaron a better name, Hi ya :o)

strobo, Nov 14, 2:14am
Was a familiar pest I remember .I dunno ,probably peed someone off ,maybe won lotto big and gone burgers.Good on him for his input I guess in general and motoring .Everyone needs a clown around to lift spirits up lol
Saying this hoping you're not the reincarnation of the old and get offended and nekminit I'm in the office having to explain what happened here the man is crying ;-) lol . few newbies here nowadays and good to see wimmins input too. Aside I Hope Op got his brakes sorted ?