2015 Holden Colorado

charolaisone, Aug 12, 8:08pm
Looking at buying a 2015 Holden Colorado,are they a good vehicle?

m16d, Aug 12, 8:18pm
If it's the one with the Isuzu motor is good. with the Fiat motor, not so good.

intrade, Aug 12, 8:53pm
huh? holden is general motor they dont use fiat crysler engines
new opel who where holdons are only french puke of late

annie17111, Aug 12, 9:33pm
We looked at them when we were looking for a ute but found them quite plasticy and cheap feeling inside with a bit of road noise. Took a couple of them for test drives, and they were manual and hated the gear box. Ended up with an Isuzu dmax and couldn't be more happy. But it's personal preference so take a few different ones for a drive and see what you think.

bigfatmat1, Aug 12, 9:47pm
they used a vm motori engine. Looks a little like a ducato engine

intrade, Aug 12, 9:53pm
same as ldv?

franc123, Aug 12, 10:10pm
They're a pretty average thing overall. I can give you a full rundown of what to look for when buying a used one if you so desire. You looking at 4x2 or 4x4? Manual, auto?

charolaisone, Aug 13, 5:30am
I'm looking at buying a Holden Colorado 7, someone mentioned to me that they can sometimes burn oil? How do tell what sort of motor is in them, someone mentioned them maybe having an isuzu engine in them. Ideally I would like a Isuzu MUX but they are a little out of my price range

msigg, Aug 13, 7:08am
Yes they go OK, not as good as the Ranger,he drives both, my mate has one for 4 years and it does all he requires of it, his was low km when bought due to an engine malfunction from the previous owner and the dealer had to replace it under warranty, so he got low km and brand new engine which seems OK now. I think stick to the colorado, isuzu, Ford or toyota, if latest model the mitsi looks Ok. All depends how much dosh you have.Good luck.

tsjcf, Aug 13, 7:18am
I think round 2017 that they went to the fiat VM diesel same family of motor as the LDV T60. Only thing going for the Colorado's will be price far better utes out there.

franc123, Aug 13, 10:10am
That's easy, there was only one engine fitted to ALL post 2012 (known as RG) Colorados, Colorado 7 and its later version the Trailblazer, and that is the 2.8 Motori unit, why Isuzu had been mentioned several times in this thread is anyone's guess, it is a smoother,more powerful and less maintenance intensive unit than the old Isuzu 4JJ1 it replaced. There have only been light mods made to it over the last 8 years. Yes unfortunately being a 2015 it could be an oil burner, but lots of these were replaced under warranty. Can give you more on this if you're still keen on one.

intrade, Aug 13, 10:44am
the problem is its all bad- its a game of who can make the most profit by selling the lowest quality and get away with it. Thats how modern cars are manufactured. In europe people know the cars have to be exported at 10 years old due to runnin cost of repairs being 3 times the value of the car. They also know that they have to spend 5 grand on cars upkeep each year= why most use public transport instead . And thats really bad for new zealand as we dont exactly have that option. Making all this 100 tousend airbags and stability control and stuff law is just another think hiking the imminent repair costs ,Not to mention the lack of skill to actually fix these systems that exists on a island near the south pole.

electromic, Aug 13, 6:44pm
I think the 2015 is the same as the 2014, if it is then I have fully tested the demonstrator when it was new. It was an okay ute until we put a 3000kg caravan on the back. The auto transmission hunted through the gears, especially on hills. The trans ran fairly hot the whole way, I was worried about it overheating. The brakes were average and got really hot going down hills probably because the transmission wanted to be in top gear all the way down. Holden and Isuzu were the only dealers who let us test drive with the caravan. The Isuzu towed the same caravan on the same road and had no issues even though it was the MAX mass that it was rated for. The ranger is supposed to be the best but we couldn't find out because the demonstrator didn't have a towbar. I would never buy a vehicle for towing unless I could tow with it first.

3tomany, Aug 13, 8:29pm
They do not use a GM engine either. It is VM Motori indeed a fiat engine and so long as it is past the era of high oil consumption it will be fine. If it is an oil consumer it is a dog.

3tomany, Aug 13, 8:30pm
Yes they did and still do.

lakeview3, Aug 13, 9:50pm
lol remember the guy who was selling the LDV van in here a while back? If I remember rightly his listing was removed!

timbo69, Dec 7, 12:48am
I have a 2016 4x4 auto which is essentially the same ute as a 2015, I tow massive loads and give it absolute shit - Its goes great with very little problems. I broke both my last utes being a 2012 hilux (guttless P.O.S) and a 2013 ranger (two engines - changed under warranty).