Contacting vehicle sellers

tegretol, May 2, 11:59am
What's changed on here? Very interested in a particular vehicle but unable to contact vendor to go see prior to bidding. Used to be able to do this but somehow that is not now possible. The net result is that I just won't bid but everyone is loosing out.

richynuts, May 2, 1:02pm
Just bid if its no good. walk away. Show him your phone that you has been trying to call.

kazbanz, May 2, 1:32pm
THAT vendor didn't leave contact details. Ask a question -Some people don't realise they can put phone numbers up

absolute_detail, May 2, 1:52pm
I get people to leave their number as it saves getting a bunch of texts from dreamers and time wasters

tigertim20, May 2, 5:44pm
as above, ask a question about viewing / having independent inspection done.

tegretol, May 2, 8:18pm
But I can't even call the seller as he isn't allowed to provide his number.

tegretol, May 2, 8:19pm
Yep but vendors are not allowed to put up their numbers now. Previously, MV's had contact details on the advert.

curlcrown, May 3, 7:39am
Phone numbers have and still are allowed in adds for cars on trademe. Just have a look at a few and most will have phone numbers.

kazbanz, May 3, 8:35am
that is definitely NOT the case. seller may think that or choose not to but Contact phone numbers are always allowed on vehicle auctions.
Ive been known to sell a car or two via this exact media :-)

tegretol, May 3, 10:13am
Not on this one - 3069439819

bumfacingdown, May 3, 12:15pm
Is now

kazbanz, May 3, 12:39pm
Theres a VERY simple reason. Either by accident or deliberately the seller has advertised in in car PARTS for sale.
Car parts run under the same rules as other products.
It is only in the Vehicles for sale section that you can list contact details. ie not car parts section

tegretol, May 3, 12:59pm
Ah yes. And I guess that by pay a %, he could well pay heaps more than the fixed-price.

cjohnw, May 3, 12:59pm
See the last question. He has provided a number.

kazbanz, May 3, 1:27pm
It might be by accident, Might be deliberate but it is a lot cheaper to advertise a car part.

bumfacingdown, May 4, 1:18am
So, did you phone them?

desmodave, May 4, 3:58pm
Peddle on until you find the right deal like .

kiwilandchch, May 4, 4:17pm
half them are asking crazy prices for high km cars that are over a decade old . in some cases asking more then car sales with no back up u get from a car sale . they most likly are wondering why there cars have been listed for months an months makes me laugh .

kiwilandchch, May 4, 4:19pm
most likly listed there to avoid the listing fee in cars for sale section id say

kazbanz, Aug 12, 7:48pm
I didn't want to cast dispersions but yea