ABS flashing and ASC Off, will this fail WOF?

Page 2 / 2
gblack, Sep 3, 9:32pm
Yeap, required for all vehicles, but any off-road capable bike I have seen has the ability to turn it off or switch to an off-road mode.

Not take experienced in off-road riding, but on my old Suzuki road bike, found dragging the rear brake and locking it up, helped slow the bike nicely on a loose gravel road, rather than feathering the front.

Have taken the Triumph with ABS on a good quality gravel road, and found it seemed OK; I could use the front brake without too much worry and slowed the bike down, but on a loose gravel surface guess the tyres would still be rotating and the bike not slowing that quickly.

kazbanz, Sep 4, 7:35am
I genuinely feel that the "company" responsible for that star rating system need to as an organisation and individually be held accountable for the misinformation they are pumping out.
"Coincidently" when they don't have information on a used import rather than giving "information unavailable" they give the vehicle a one star rating. it isn't until you dig that you see them state that the one star is because they genuinely don't know about the vehicle.
-Not talking no abs single airbag older cars .Im talking multi airbag abs esc equipped cars.

alowishes, Sep 4, 8:27am
As just as important: for the protection of others on the road.

gblack, Sep 4, 10:53pm
What sort of cars are at talking about? Can't think of any offhand as you would think even if they don't know, would be possible to figure it out by looking at overseas agencies ratings. Not like NZ does crash tests

vtecintegra, Sep 5, 8:27am
The problem is there are three different rating systems in play
- NCAP/ANCAP - overall crash safety test, not comparable between years, covers crash avoidance systems, child and pedestrian safety etc
- UCSR - based on analysis of real world crashes mostly in Australia. Takes into account the safety for the driver only.
- VRSS - an estimate based on very little

To make any sense of the stars you really need to know what rating system they were based on and that is not explained well enough IMO

intrade, Sep 5, 8:55am
you could go to supercheap and pay for the full scan with bosch scanner there bosch seems to be a 20.000$ tool. so the price for a scan is low .
with this you could post the report to www.iforce.co.nz and post the link then we could have more of a clue what maybe wrong and what max costs could end up at.
it wont get any cheaper then this. as i would charge 50$+gst for a scan.

maxi090605, Sep 14, 12:09pm
@intrade, thanks for this, I'll go and visit one of the branches, maybe they could reset the warning if possible.

intrade, Sep 14, 12:11pm
yea but if its a permanent dtc it will be back instantly or after the system ran a test and failed the test. are the 2 reasons a light comes back on.

fishb8, Sep 14, 1:52pm
I hope so too. for the current owner. Sold it and bought a new Vitara 1.4 - better car in many ways.

strobo, Nov 20, 2:16pm
Just how is that proven? if they are just "thinking" that to be the case! .After an accident would be a result of fail lights coming on if any at all! Also if the vehicle is parked up "all time " off the road it is irrelevant whether it has a warrant or not .