2010 Great Wall V240 water getting into the cab

tim41, Jul 14, 6:10am
hydroplane wrote:
If its not a daily driver then Chinese vehicles need to be kept in garage or under carport, they are light on paint and built to min standards using out sourced running gear and design. one option is having them rust treated when new, but if not, get rid once warranty runs out.[/quote

or don't buy them to start with

rusdi, Jul 10, 3:34pm
Has anyone else experienced water getting into the cab of the drivers side of this model. Windscreen has been replaced and all good the water seems to be running down under the drivers seat. But unable to find where?

msigg, Jul 10, 5:12pm
Was it leaking before the window was replaced?. Rust around fire wall somewhere, heater assembly?. you need to get a $300 light and look hard.

intrade, Jul 10, 5:14pm
check door card may come from inside door blocked drains.

jmma, Jul 10, 6:18pm
Lol but it's 300$

intrade, Jul 10, 6:24pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOAhE2BcVs&t=468s
2 minutes 30 secounds
they have manifold gauges that glow in the dark . if i had to have manifold gauges that glow in the the dark i would stay home! you are supposed to have that 300$ flashlight to see what your doin.

rusdi, Jul 10, 8:05pm
Yes it was leaking before the windscreen was replaced.

dutch9, Jul 10, 10:22pm
Check around aerial if it has one over drivers pillar .

poppy62, Jul 11, 9:51am
Door seal rubber could be a possible problem.

alleycatz, Jul 11, 9:53am
incontinence ?

westwyn, Jul 11, 1:40pm
These have pretty significant rust issues from almost new- especially around the firewall, inner guard seams, cross-plate (the section between the inner guard and the firewall), and importantly for you, also under the scuttle panel and dripwell in front of the screen (the vent boxes and air intakes for the heater unit). If it's rusty in there, it WILL leak water in to the cabin.

I know there are a few owners on here from time to time who swear by their GW's, but in my professional experience having dealt with a large volume of them as a valuer for a finance company, overall I have nothing positive to recommend about them- nothing.

franc123, Jul 11, 2:00pm
Only a good old fashioned external water spray test will ID where it's coming from. If you are lucky there may be evidence in the form of visible stains tracking down from where its entering the cabin. Have fun.

rusdi, Jul 11, 5:13pm
Many thanks for all your suggestions we managed to find where the water was coming in and have now sealed it.

intrade, Jul 11, 5:21pm
would you mind telling us where and how its not supposed to be a onside help forum as we dont get paid it be the least you could do?

rusdi, Jul 11, 8:37pm
Leaking down the base of the seam that is below the back window under the drivers seat.

apollo11, Jul 11, 8:59pm
There was talk on these forums a while back about Great Wall utes rusting between panel seams. Under the sills(?) Might be something to keep an eye on.

framtech, Dec 24, 4:08pm
If its not a daily driver then Chinese vehicles need to be kept in garage or under carport, they are light on paint and built to min standards using out sourced running gear and design. one option is having them rust treated when new, but if not, get rid once warranty runs out.