TOYOTA CROWN MAJESTA.

neville48, Aug 3, 4:12pm
I would like to get a towbar fitted to our Majesta but has been mentioned that I cannot because it will cause trouble with the sensors at the rear of the vehicle. is this a fact ? Kaz ?

kazbanz, Aug 3, 5:15pm
You have reversing sensors I assume. That doesn't stop you getting a towbar fitted but unless you have a silencer button can be a real pain as the trailer can make the sensors go off --even the towbar itself if they are positioned wrong. I'd suggest go see an auto sparky and see if the sensors can be silenced for towing.

msigg, Aug 3, 5:21pm
No it shouldn't set the sensors off , I would have thought it would be lower than the sensors. Mybe only reversing they will set off.

andy61, Aug 3, 5:25pm
Lovely cars but OMG cracked dashboards? Puts me right off!

bigfatmat1, Aug 3, 5:32pm
Fit towbars to cars with sensors all the time never a problem.

nzmax, Aug 3, 6:31pm
Have a Nissan branded towbar fitted to my Maxima with factory reverse sensors, no issue at all. Backing out the drive way sets them off more than reversing the trailer in a straight line, unless you have the trailer on an angle, then it thinks you are too close.

toenail, Aug 4, 7:46pm
your trailer should be far away enough that it doesn't set off the reversing sensors. If it does, your sensors are misaligned.

neville48, Aug 10, 3:59pm
Yur not wrong Andy but look past the cracked dash and you get a hellova lot of car for the price.

panicky, Aug 10, 5:20pm
normally with reverse sensors you'd be able to get a tow plug connector fitted to the vehicle that has a reed switch in the hinge so that when the connector is plugged in it literally disconnects the sensors. You can get 7 pin plugs with reed switches that are open or closed normally to suit different wiring.

panicky, Dec 9, 1:56pm