2020 1.8 Corolla wagon

whynot47, Apr 19, 3:40pm
What do the car people on here think of this vehicle. thanks

cjohnw, Apr 19, 4:17pm
There will be one on here that will tell you the best Corolla is a 1992 model, but disregard that.
My sister has a new Corolla hatch Hybrid and she is over the moon with it. I would be very surprised if you get many, if any negative comments here (apart from that noted).
I am sure it will be very reliable.

whynot47, Apr 19, 4:32pm
Not hybrid Im looking at

cjohnw, Apr 19, 4:48pm
It is still a Toyota Corolla and therefore the positive comments still apply.
Some might say even moreso.
I think you can be reasonably confident purchasing, but a Pre Purchase Inspection will always give you added confidence.
Good luck with it.

tamarillo, Apr 19, 4:51pm
For good simple transport can’t go wrong.
For any entertaining driving move on though now better than they were.
Small boot.

cjohnw, Apr 19, 4:58pm
Not so bad in the wagon?

yendor, Apr 19, 5:25pm
The good = it's a Corolla
The bad = it's a Corolla

whynot47, Apr 19, 7:20pm
Boot surprisingly good as its a wagon

tygertung, Apr 19, 7:25pm
I used to have a 1975 2 door corolla wagon, it was really good, and quite fast as someone had put a 5K in it.

gblack, Apr 20, 7:25am
If it is a wagon, then doesn't that make it a Fielder and not a Corolla?

aprilguy, Apr 20, 7:44am
Fielder is a Japanese market name and different in a serious way; inadequate legroom for the average height driver, for one thing. I took one for a test drive, and could not adjust the seat/steering to a comfortable position. Never again.

s_nz, Apr 20, 9:25am
Yip. Fielder is the Japan market name for the corolla wagon.

Confusingly the corolla brand gets used on multiple platforms.

The fielder is based on the "Narrow" E160 corolla. Quite distinct from the hatchback sold here.

Confusing the matter even more, a year or two back, the corolla wagon was pritty much a yaris wagon.

It seems that the currently offered corolla wagon has gone back to it's routes this year and is now based on the same platform as the corolla hatch.

whynot47, Apr 20, 10:13am
Im told this is not like the previous Corolla wagon 1.5 or the Fielder but a new model .
Any one actually in the know about this.

kazbanz, Apr 20, 10:53am
I haven't seen the 2019 and newer model in the "flesh" yet
They look good -almost caldina ish The spec is really good.

whynot47, Apr 20, 11:14am
thanks Kaz everyone respects your input

bryshaw, Apr 20, 11:50am
Toyota = bullet proof.

bazfan, Apr 24, 12:36pm
Have a look online for reviews (which have been good). I think it looks nicer than the hatch and I would definitely buy one. You see a few of them on the road mostly as company cars for the likes of Argus fire etc

The only drawback in reviews is that it only comes in a basic GX spec in NZ with a 1.8 engine whereas hatch comes in 2.0 GXL and Levin higher spec

It’s the best Corolla wagon since the early 2000s Fielder 2zz aerotourer

whynot47, Aug 18, 2:44am
thanks Bazfan. the you tube reviews are all for a flasher and more expensive one than Im looking at .But 1.8 should go pretty good, and its simpler than hybrid.