Battery Charger

v8_mopar, Sep 14, 12:36pm
After recommendations for a battery charger.
Needs to be smart so will stop charging once full. Needs to suit car and bike batteries. Would be good if it was a fast and trickle feed charger. Maybe even a maintainer so will keep batteries good when not in use over winter. Multi chemistry etc.

Cheers

bill1451, Sep 14, 1:05pm
Basically it seems to be, how much do you want to spend, without spending humongous $$$ on features you may never need or want.

v8_mopar, Sep 14, 1:09pm
up to $600 ish

v8_mopar, Sep 14, 1:10pm
There is bond to be people on here who use chargers a lot

harm_less, Sep 14, 4:53pm
CTek chargers will do all you require.

intrade, Sep 14, 5:36pm
ctek s the best forget the rest. best quality has a price. you can also pay a lot for garbage. or pay megabux for something thats just slight better.
my cteck 25 amp one was 500 bux your 600 should still buy that . the doller has devalued 20% since i got that from dargaville fair years ago. wrack electrition or something sold it to me then

v8_mopar, Sep 15, 7:02am
Had not heard of ctek. Google reviews look great

Thanks

blogzy, Sep 15, 11:29am
Someone on here said a particular $60 warehouse charger had similar features to ctek

s_nz, Nov 19, 4:04pm
https://www.nzta.govt.nz/assets/resources/factsheets/57/docs/57-older-drivers.pdf

I have the ctek MXS 5.0 About $170 worth, a little less if you shop around. 8 stage smart charger, comes with both battery clips and screw down terminals. Car (5A) and motorcycle (0.8A) modes, AMG mode

Has done everything I need but does run a little hot.

Unless you are in a hurry, need to keep the battery charged while under load (i.e. campervan running a 12v fridge), need other voltages (6 or 24), or need to charge lithium batteries there is little need to spend more money.

Of course intrades one will be 5x faster charging than mine is. Great if you are in a hurry.