Mitsubishi Lancer 2007

freed14, Jan 6, 8:29pm
How reliable are these cars? looking at one with 230,000km - would i get much more from it?

freed14, Jan 6, 8:49pm
How reliable are these cars? looking at one with 230,000km - would i get much more from it

kazbanz, Jan 6, 9:23pm
Those km its down to how its been treated. Likely good for another 100k though

tamarillo, Jan 7, 8:30am
As above all about how it’s been treated and serviced. If well it’s got more miles, if badly it won’t. In itself a perfectly reliable design.

tgray, Jan 7, 8:37am
A bonus is you would be getting a car that is essentially the same shape as a 2016 Lancer, which we have as a family car.
One of the few Mitsubishi's I really like. Get it checked before purchase and expect to find some faults, as you would with any car with these kind of K's.

gazzat22, Jan 7, 4:34pm
My Daughter and Son in Law bought one(same year and Model) for grandson.They had a PPI done by AA who i dont particularly like but apart from a few cosmetic blemishes after 6 months its going well.We had a 2005 for 8 years ,sold it to SIL(other one) who eventually sold it to friends of theirs.Still going well .A most underrated car.

franc123, Oct 1, 8:46am
I can't think of any real reasons not to buy PROVIDING the price is right and theres evidence of good maintenance during a PPI, particularly of transmission and coolant. Those cars were solid sellers for a long time and are fairly basic which isn't neccesarily a bad thing, theyve just been in the shadow of the Toyota and Nissan equivalents. There seems to be less durability issues with those than the Lancers made 10-15 years earlier had at the same age.