BRAND NEWW TOYOTA HI ACE VANN AN THOUGHT ON ITS

howard24, Aug 7, 3:08am
ANY THOUGHTS ON ITS

tamarillo, Aug 7, 9:07am
Engine foWard at last. First safe hiace sold here. Should sell like hot cakes and hold value well.

msigg, Aug 7, 9:48am
Bit ugly? The transit looks the best out of all the vans, im talking the latest. However we do not know the longevity of them yet.

stevo2, Aug 7, 4:59pm
It runs the 2.8lt Hilux engine and they say they have cured the DPF issue but I had a look in one and they have now fitted an "On Demand" regeneration button.
Not the greatest looking van on the market but we all said that about the previous model in 05 and now they are mainstream.
They also now make slightly more power but a little less torque than my iLoad (130kw vs 125kw and 420Nm vs 440 Nm of the iLoad) so I may look at one next time around.

intrade, Aug 7, 6:32pm
#4 well cadogan has stated that since quite some time. He is a comedian but his facts are usually quite accurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYA5QYf3ZCg
its called poor R&D
ps i seen many blowen up i-load engines - the problems affect all its why vw had some nifty software till the knotheads in california got wind of it.

stevo2, Aug 7, 6:36pm
I used to watch him in the early days but he's so bloody annoying that I don't bother any more. 10 minutes to tell a 2 minute story.

intrade, Aug 7, 6:39pm
yea i watch him for the comedy its only his opinions who are not correct as they are opinions after all everyone can have different opinions .
the skyactive mazda video is also quite good he just uploaded

intrade, Aug 7, 6:45pm
now what i dont like on this new hiace is the low roof.

stevo2, Aug 7, 6:56pm
See we all have different needs. I dont like high roofs because I need to use my roof racks and sometimes use parking buildings.

3tomany, Aug 7, 7:30pm
The thing is a whole generation behind the modern vans. The engine is euro5 and the simple things like lane assist use the brakes to point you in the right direction when the modern stuff will steer you on course. The thing has come a long way for a Toyota but is still a dinosaur at birth.

3tomany, Aug 7, 7:33pm
Yip the roof rack on my transit is so high it is pointless to me.

gunhand, Aug 7, 7:34pm
Why does one need assistance to stay in the correct lane, whats distracting people, phone maybe ? Does it work in the event of a medical problem? That could be handy.

3tomany, Aug 7, 7:39pm
The one in my Everest works well but i turn it off most days as i like to cut the odd corner with no oncoming traffic.
I live in Northland so not many straight roads and the lane assist can be a pain in the ass. The point i was making is how Toyota always make old cars new again.

gunhand, Aug 7, 7:43pm
Fair nuff. Im not anti new cars but man they really are not teaching people to drive anymore and be alert. They prob think it will all be OK the car will save me.

3tomany, Aug 7, 7:55pm
Lane assist is important in new cars because there are so many fun things to play with inside the car you have no time to concentrate on the road.

2sheddies, Aug 7, 8:00pm
A bit ugly is being kind. They are truly the ugliest pig of a van I've seen in a long time. Like a biscuit tin on wheels.

gunhand, Aug 7, 8:01pm
Yea, like reading ya txt MSGs on the touch screen, yet you cant use ya hand held phone.

s_nz, Aug 8, 10:39pm
I expect the cargo variants will do very well. I guess many commercial buyers will upgrade to them when their fleet renewals are due without giving it much thought. The move away from the cab over format was due.

Hopefully a decent chunk of commercial buyers will tick the option box for the solid cargo barrier (personally I think cargo vans could come from the factory with them).

The LWB variant is a touch longer (cira 100mm) than an iLoad, so toyota may claw back some from other van brands that they lost due to safety & comfort concerns with the cab over format).

The passenger variant in NZ is only a 10 seater and based on the smaller (LWB) size option. Not ideal in a market used to 12 seater vans. (in Aussie it is a 12 seater in the SWLB van)

The ZX (SLWB) has a Mid roof. Bit of a beast at 5.9m long though.

morrisjvan, Aug 9, 10:17am
It only seats 2 ,no bench seat! Why? it's not a sports car ! They have moved the engine out from underneath the seats , so there should be plenty of room. It could at least be an option.
Oh yeah it is without a doubt the ugliest motherf&%+er i have ever seen !
Toyota needs to get some decent designers , i can't think of one attractive Toyota at the moment.

mrfxit, Aug 9, 11:45am

intrade, Aug 9, 1:04pm
another danger above 3500kg you need to pay for expensive cof over and over.

s_nz, Dec 10, 3:11am
I assume that is why we don't get the 12 seater here. It is a little over 3500kg gvm. All the hiace on the NZ market come in under 3500kg.