Holden want to be like Ford

Page 1 / 2
doc311, Sep 8, 7:47am
Anyone think the head lights of the new barina look like falcon head lights

morrisman1, Sep 8, 7:52am
is the barina even a holden!

franc123, Sep 8, 7:56am
This thread should be instead titled Daewoo want to look Australian.

fordcrzy, Sep 8, 7:58am
thats what holden do.see where ford is going with styling then steal thier ideas.

doc311, Sep 8, 7:58am
not the sort of holden you would want drive

doc311, Sep 8, 8:01am
stink for holden if they can't be oringinal, poor commodore hasn't really changed much in last 12 years

redslapper, Sep 8, 8:03am
na it just looks exactly like their captiva lol

nave12, Sep 8, 8:37am
Very true it just seems to get more bloated and exaggerated year by year.

franc123, Sep 8, 9:09am
i'd agree they have kept the same basic body shape and some styling features for far too long, at least an EF/EL Falcon looks different from an AU, which looks very different to a BA, which is distinctive from an FG, the Holdens are far harder to tell apart, especially VT/X/Y/Z.Even the VT looked like the VS with added flab.The VE just looks nondescript with slab sides and the front end looks like its got a hangover!

bent_ate, Sep 8, 11:26am
Holdens,,,, yaawwwn,,, without alot of other performance/parts manufacturers wouldnt be able to make a credible spud peeler. . Ford designed, Ford Parts, Ford Manufactured, Ford tough, Ford Pride. or have I got my head in the sand. I like anything as long as its not a Holden.

dinosaw88, Sep 8, 1:06pm
Yeah Holden assemble cars, Ford build cars. Even when they use the same gearbox Holden unpack them and bolt them straight into their cars, 6, V8 whatever same thing. Ford pull them to pieces and rebuild them to suit the engine they're being bolted to. 6, V8, turbo, different ratios.

crzyhrse, Sep 8, 8:44pm
Well the most popular cosmetic surgery in Asia is eye-roundening to look more western so it's only natural they'd extend it to their car 'eyes'.

tazcsv, Sep 9, 12:39am
At least we will still be able to buy new commys in the near future.

bigjerry, Sep 9, 12:48am
WTF. perhaps you have been looking at the 1 car for 12 years!

mugenb20b, Sep 9, 7:09am
Who knows.who cares.why worry about it.what kind of idiot would want a Barina anyway!

steve56467, Sep 14, 9:16am
Seen the front end of the fg fpv falcon! Looks like ford just copied and updated the design holdens been using for years lol
As for watching V8 supercars, once all the decals etc are there. damn near impossible to tell apart without a close up

bigfatmat1, Sep 14, 9:25am
sweet can't wait for the holden taurus,

steve56467, Sep 14, 9:27am
Haha and look its got a honeycomb grille. Ford bought the design for that, gues where.

rocker_553, Sep 14, 9:38am
This is almost as enthralling as saying "My Breville 4-slice toaster has the same stainless stell look as your Tefal!"

steve56467, Sep 14, 9:50am
holden would do the same as every other car they ever touched-make it bland and boring. Be an improvement in the taurus's case tho

guider1, Sep 14, 11:47am
Dream on. The VT was released well before the BA so why was the BA styling similar to the VT!
Ford dont have a coupe so where did the styling come from for the CV8 Monaro!. certainly not from Fords dilapidated designs. lol.
Holden has always been 1 step ahead of Ford when it comes to designs & facelift models. One day Ford might just have a new design before Holden, but I seriously doubt it.
You can dribble on all you like but the facts are in the year of manufacture.

guider1, Sep 14, 11:52am
Only got to look at the resale value of the '90-'00 Fords & Holdens to see which is considered to be a more "valuable" car. The most expensive car sold in Australia is a late model Holden, NOT a squeaky old GT Falcon.

guider1, Sep 14, 11:55am
Yep, and they wont be powered by turbo diesels. lol.

mapman, Sep 14, 8:51pm
All Ford Fan Boys can talk about is Holden, Holden owners tend to talk Holden cars.That tell me a lot, which is Ford Fan Boys have plenty to be envious of & Holdens owners don??

doug207, Sep 15, 12:45am
Why argue over poorly built cars anyway!
That's like having a Yugo vs Lada argument.
None of them are class leading, none are inspired design, all have pathetic trim finish and poor quality materials that fall apart and rattle.
They don't drive that well, the electronic systems are basic.
They don't even make a huge amount of power.
Look at the AU 'coon, huge failure.
BA 'coon, horrid and poorly built interior.

The only thing going for either brand is the strong motors (especially the Ford's 4.0) and the relatively decent level of comfort for your dollar.

Stick a trailer on the boring turd and get on with it.