Potential new race series - your suggestions

Page 2 / 2
rob_man, Nov 1, 9:09am
I'm surprised Legends racing hasn't taken hold here. Looks like a bit of fun at a reasonable cost.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_car_racing

bubbles244, Nov 1, 6:33pm
yep, used to have a toyota hilux with a nissan gts25 engine in it, combination of that and a 1 tonne platform used to give the v8 road cars a good go.

socram, Nov 1, 7:37pm
We already have cars that conform.You can run a $4,000 MGB for example, with nothing more than a fire extinguisher required in terns of safety equipment.You can run in the classic trial with a clubsport licence (free) at Taupo, Pukekohe and Hampton Downs.

Unfortunately, if you want to race on a race track, the costs are high as on top of the track hire (not cheap.) there is a levy to MSNZ, compulsory paramedics and breakdown crews to be paid for.Motorsport on a track will never be cheap and if you wreck a set of road tyres in less than a season, you seriously need to look at the way you drive!

We still have drivers who drive to the track, race and go home. BMW E30 is another relatively cheap series, but there, you will need a cage, control tyres and springs.

Motorsport has never been cheap if you expect to race, unless you want to do grass track or off road racing of some sort.It will never be cheap.

serf407, Nov 1, 8:21pm
The suv racing would need to be spiced up if this Korean example of suv 'racing' is anything to go by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=ffTQ3yeRFZI There will be the www.formulasuzuki.co.nzopen wheel single seaters, hopefully they will be better than the Swifts.

The differentials/ suspension in the front wheel drive hot hatches are getting better so production car racing should be more than Evo vs WRX . in a few years (e.g Focus RS)

The offroad rear engined buggies can look fairly mad on tarseal.

rob_man, Nov 1, 10:40pm
I still say Legends deserve a look.

rob_man, Nov 2, 1:00am
Hmmmm. I personally lean toward the old OSCAR formula which was mostly home made engine swap type cars. If it was restricted to a percentage of increase in capacity and a single carburettor maybe to keep costs sensible as well as a street legal requirement.

big.b-lil.c, Jan 22, 9:51am
not to sure i want the cosworth capri or the valiant charger on the track with 11 boy racers (for want of a better term) all trying to out brake each other into the first turn.