What cars do you regret buying over the years!

Page 2 / 4
jmma, Apr 30, 9:29am
Previa, forgot to buy shares in Shell at the same time (o:

pauloc, Apr 30, 9:32am
2000 VW Golf, two Alfa Romeos, a Punto, aMk One Prius and every Diamante I have ever taken as a trade in.

cuda.340, Apr 30, 9:50am
no. used to wonder who the w*nk*r was next to me squealing the tyres til i found out it was me. went thru rears every 2-3 months,

jason18, Apr 30, 7:45pm
ke20 12a bridgeport rotary.

blackbnz, Apr 30, 8:35pm
fiat

gilligan2, Apr 30, 8:41pm
rover 220 turbo

tara_wgtn82, May 1, 2:11am
I've just bought a 1973 TC2000 . new WOF, but I reckon it's going to be trouble.Good fun while she runs though!:)

gjmman, May 1, 3:57am
1978 Austin princess. When it caught fire while waiting in traffic and the fire brigade had to come put it out i was actually glad to see it die.

geedubu, May 1, 4:10am
None really,they all have their good points, not even the XJS Jaguar that seemed to cost me about $1000 a month in obscure repairs for the time I owned it; but it was a fine car and I loved driving it for the few days a month it was out of the hands of the mechanics.I even liked the little Austin 1300 automatic I owned until my sister in law fried it by driving it around for a week with the handbrake full on.And I really liked an Alfa 90 gold cloverleaf (I think it was a 3litre V6) I had for a couple of years although it constantly spat freezing water over my leg from the aircon - unfixable - among many other entertaining problems.But it went like a rocket, when it went.

mottly, May 1, 4:27am
mitsi l200 ute and a honda prelude - both total PIS's, spent a fortune on repairs on them.would never own another honda or mitsi.

trogedon, May 1, 4:28am
You'd better start buying them in PAIRS then.

kcf, May 1, 6:05am
Fiat Uno.That thing broke something every time I drove it, plus any time you drove through a puddle, it would have a five minute nap.Closely followed by a Subaru Leone wagon, where the roof actually fell off - rust, snapped on all the pillars on one side, and started flapping.

hutchk, May 1, 6:35am
Oh god, here we go.three page rant coming right up.

-weasel-, May 1, 6:48am
That actually made me LOL

richard198, May 1, 6:55am
The five Fords that I've bought! (Popular, Anglia, Fiesta and two Cortinas)
I guess I'm a slow learner!

aleestar, May 1, 6:57am
a 96 jeep grand what a joke payd $4200 in fixn da dam thing frm the day i got it

wazza102, May 1, 8:16am
WRX

vjregal770, May 1, 8:25am
Uhh.I'll assume you did fit better rubber!

vjregal770, May 1, 8:28am
Hmmm.lesee now.

'74 Citroen GS, '87 Capella, '86 Mirage, '86 Cordia, '96 VS SS

Guess that's not bad out of 30-odd total.

gammelvind, May 1, 8:32am
Fiat Uno, gave you leg cramps with the rediculous pedal position, then the head blew at 35,000 km.

hotrodtodd1, May 1, 9:53pm
1938 Ford V8 (never finished), about 5 t buckets (never finished them either), 2004 VW passat W8 (still have it) 1926 T coupe (still have that too) 1937 Chev sedan with 350 & glide (trans died next day), 1937 Nash sedan (the unfinished money pit and still not yet finished)

I also regret all the Jappas I have bought over the years. Should have just bought a nice, finished hot rod sedan & driven it for the past 20 years. It was a red 34 Ford four door from Tokoroa. Dammit, I was really dumb that week.

tgray, May 2, 12:03am
1980 pre HE XJS. Easily the worst car I have ever owned.

sifty, May 2, 1:04am
None, personally. Have owned a few down the years, from all 3 Aussie marques, to brit, euro and jappa-knees, and never really been let down. The old HQ wagon stripped its fibre timing gears once, but that's the only prob I can recall.

maybe it is as simple as maintenance, or not buying a cheap boy racer-type that has been thrashed.

centec, May 2, 1:45am
sifty wrote:
None, personally. Have owned a few down the years, from all 3 Aussie marques,

marque ??

elect70, May 2, 2:36am
VL commiecam sensors X3, cracked head( cam bearinghousing ) then bottom end went .only had 160 k on it1 owner . Nissan bluebird swrusted gutters , diff bearingsrear door never shut right , bought itnewPOS