Car battery gone kaaaputtt!

Page 1 / 2
mum_no1, Nov 15, 8:43pm
Does anyone know anywhere that sells second hand batteries, on the north shore in auckland. I have called the pickapart places and they cant tell me if the batteries are working or not so wont buy one there for obvious reasons. PLEASE HELP! TIA

thunderbolt, Nov 15, 8:48pm
You already have a second hand battery.
What you need is a new one.
Available from Repco, Supercheap etc.

mum_no1, Nov 15, 8:52pm
No i need a second hand battery, i cannot afford a new one

kazbanz, Nov 15, 9:24pm
Im sorry mum no1 but you really can't afford a second hand battery.
You'll pay around $50 for one and around $100 for a new one. In 6 months time in the depths of winter the second hand one will most likely die. The new one will keep on trucking.
Look the thing is I'm a car dealer. I went down the whole reco'd battery route to save money. They cost about $50 each for a reco. But most of the time if you diddn't start the car for a week or a few weeks after sale the batteries died.
It turned out to be a lot more economical to fit a new battery

thejazzpianoma, Nov 15, 9:28pm
If you are prepared to gamble $10 you could go to Jaycar and grab a bottle of Inox which may fix the battery you have and give you another 12 months or so. I say "may" as this will only help if the battery is suffering from sulphation.

I don't suppose you have a multi meter and/or a battery charger!

mum_no1, Nov 15, 9:38pm
Yeah after ALOT of phone calls i dont think il even find a second hand one and iv also just been told the same as what you said kazbanz that its more affordable to get new, so i guess new is what il have to do, now for finding the cheapest new one! No not really willing to gamble thejazzpianoma, have tried charging for 24 hours on a charger at home, then tried for another 24 hours on charger at repco, have been told battery is totally gone! Thanks for your help guys.

rug_nz, Nov 15, 9:39pm
http://batterydirect.co.nz/Automotive.htm

Found these guys the cheapest when I looked around for one, plus free shipping was good.

motorway, Nov 15, 9:53pm
78 Porana Rd Glenfield, reasonable stock of 2nd handies, around $60.

crzyhrse, Nov 15, 10:46pm
Although I believe the OP has now gone, never to return, I'll ask anyway. What model battery!

tmenz, Nov 15, 10:55pm
Is that down in the holler part of the road!

marte, Nov 16, 1:32am
I sold a dud car battery/marine battery today to a scrapmetal dealer for $11.

It weighed 20Kg, you might get $8 for it as most 330CCA batterys weigh 15Kg.

elect70, Nov 16, 2:30am
Red shedcheapest ive foundNZ made Exidelook in the reference booklet there forcorrect 1

spead, Nov 16, 2:40am
buy new

scarey65, Nov 16, 7:25am
nO batteries made in nz

fordluva, Nov 16, 8:02am
Not for me, I just checked the price for a battery I bought today, they want $177 and I just paid $87 brand spankin, lol

bae13, Nov 16, 8:16am

wildflower, Nov 17, 1:54am
New Repco flyer has batteries for $69.

elect70, Nov 17, 3:06am
! What doExide make then, tiiddlywinks !

crzyhrse, Nov 17, 3:28am
FROM $69.

crzyhrse, Nov 17, 3:29am
Yeah, I priced up a 127/11 the other day - Hella Endurant - $160+. Those robbers want $209 incl. for the closest one they list and it's some unknown brand!

lugee, Nov 17, 4:09am
Exide's are made in Australia

bae13, Nov 17, 7:27am
it says for the G29 and G30 battery
they a same physical size of a (endurant) 127/11 (exide) 127 (century yuasa) 47 but only 230cca, the others are around 400cca (and the higher spec up to 530cca), 6 month warranty

why would you bother, you have low cca so your battery is straining and going to kill it quicker but its only warantied for 6 months, you have to but another one, dont mention the hassle of when it does fail your stranded.

crzyhrse, Nov 17, 7:40am
Buggered if I know. I'd rather have the 2 year warranty and 450CCA.

solarboy, Nov 17, 12:25pm
Poster 1 didn't say what car she had so the smaller capacity battery could be fine, especially if it's a small displacement car. - certainly better to have 6 months warranty than none( like she'd get with a 2nd hand one ) . I bought a SW20 MR2 which the owner had just fitted with a 230 CCA 6 month warranty and it lasted me for 6 years in the car and then a couple more starting a 10hp Honda generator.Depends how you treat them.

scarey65, Nov 17, 5:21pm
factory closed 7 years ago

where are tvs made, where are cars madeNOT HERE !
SAME WITH BATTERIESor do they made tiddlywinks