Car battery gone kaaaputtt!

Page 2 / 2
scarey65, Nov 17, 5:24pm
230cca are joke batteries,batteries are cheaper than a tank of petrol
why the drama. lots of people sell them,130- dollers at most
no drama!

bae13, Nov 17, 6:16pm
Oh defiantly good for small engine cars but the physical size of them means the public are fitting them in place of the higher output because they know no better. Similar physical size to a commodore or falconwhich it would struggle with after a few months and during winter

skyline_guy_r34, Nov 17, 8:48pm
I bought a 95 commodore with the v6 last year. Got through all of winter starting first pop everytime. Come summer time I went to do an oil change and noticed it only had a 270cca battery. It was never ever a problem in the time I had the car. And the battery looked a good few years old too.

crzyhrse, Nov 17, 11:14pm
I've seen 2nd hand ones with 3 and 6 month warranties.

Besides, there's always the CGA.

kiwis0, Nov 17, 11:31pm
Get a car battery charger for $40.00, and take it out, and charge it

Repco has them

a.woodrow, Nov 17, 11:32pm
We had a fresh jap import 3.1 isuzu mu from a caryard in my workshop years ago. Hard starting particulary when cold. Brand new battery had been fitted, I load tested battery - all ok. mucked around for an hour or so with it trying to work out fault, then realised battery was only 230cca, even though physical size was around an NS70! boy was my face red for not checking the basics lol

kiwis0, Nov 17, 11:32pm
or get a booster Jump start, use that for a while until you can afford a new battery.

tuttyclan, Nov 18, 12:30am
Eight years ago now lol when I bought my 1997 Honda Accord it came with a 230 CCA battery.It lasted in the car for 2 years but toward the end ofthe two years I noticed when at night with the lights on and with the air conditioning on the lights would dim a little when the airconditioning pump kicked in and also I noticed upon starting the car the ABS self check was slow (the little buzzy noise was slow).
I took the battery out and replaced it with a 400CCA and all is good now.
I put the 230 CCA battery in my 1982 Mitsubishi Sigma and it went well for another year.

elect70, Nov 18, 12:49am
scarey65 wrote:
factory closed 7 years ago

where are tvs made, where are cars madeNOT HERE !
SAME WITH BATTERIESor do they made tiddlywinks[/quote ]oopsthought Exide were still in Petonebeen while since there , knew theresidents always trying to get rid of them .

scarey65, Nov 18, 3:20am
its the smelter being moaned at!the manufacturingwas ina different location. and thats closed!its a big empty space noone wants

bae13, Nov 18, 7:25am
Lead poisoning anyone!

tractor9, Nov 18, 7:31am
Just bought a new one for a hundy from Repco with 12 mth warranty.

tigra, Nov 18, 7:31am
Why cant people spell definitely!

sifty, Nov 18, 7:56am
same reason people can't use apostrophes.

bae13, Nov 18, 8:03am
ha ha sorry i did that post from my iphone, stupid thing thinks it knows what i want to say. but it definitely doesnt

bae13, Nov 18, 8:04am
oh sorry i forgot the fullstop.

solarboy, Nov 18, 11:22am
O P has a charger as she said at post 6 and has tried that and a charger at Repco too also mentioned at post 6. And if she buys a booster ( for a similar price to a new battery )it'll mean more time before she can afford a new battery.

kiwis0, Nov 19, 2:54am
So what, a battery booster is good to have, you can charge your cellphone on them when the power is out, they are very handy.

solarboy, Nov 19, 11:57am
Agreed, if your power goes out. Mine doesn'tI've a 1400 A H battery and inverter to charge my phone with. But my point was O P was after a used battery with the idea of saving money so no point in her buying a booster when if she put the money into a NEW battery for about the same $$$$$ she'd be hardly likely to need a boooster anyway.I looked at them myself a while ago but they all have small cap. batteries in them so I just bought a regular car battery which has about three times the capacity.

mum_no1, Nov 19, 10:09pm
So i found out the dead battery was 6 years old! Apparently thats an awesome batt life! Ended up having to buy new at super cheap auto was like $115, apparently my car wont run on the smaller batts this ones RP was $145 but managed to go between repco and SCA and got the price way down! :D Thanks for all your help everyone!

crzyhrse, Nov 19, 11:09pm
Nah, that's pretty mediocre life from a starting battery that's maintained properly.