SUBARU WRX STI - Help me Sell this PLEASE!

Page 2 / 2
icemans1, Nov 21, 10:51am
take the subaru badges off and stick ford ones on, then someone will buy it

kcf, Nov 21, 7:37pm
Try to get the original lights, and replace all the blue interior trim stuff.In a perfect world, get a set of the original wheels too.

The mods like that tend actually devalue a car rather than add value.The average punter will look at the photos, say "ricer" and not look at the car.I'm guessing you don't really have any genuine buyers at the moment because the people with actual money in their bank account are being put off by the small cosmetic stuff.

A set of the factory wheels should cost stuff all, when I had one of those cars I think I picked up two sets of the factory alloys for about $150 per set to replace the horrid horrid wheels that mine arrived with.

More photos around the car, and less on the hoist.Buuuuut mostly, have to say it, it's the lights and the blue interior bits that made me say "blech" when I saw the listing.

kazbanz, Nov 21, 8:07pm
OP I'm hearing your frustration but there are several basic mistakes with the advert
1) The pictures.- It liooks like the car is in a Junkyard and really doesn't show it off at its best. Also although the pictures do show all round the car (a very good thing) they don't in any way "sell" the car
For a grey car I always prefer a green background
2) the description really doesn't selll the car -
telling potential customers you are "sick of timewasters"really puts a negative slant on matters.
3) sometimes "less is more with description" intimate detail of the sound system isn't gonna sell the car.
4) I'd take a picture of the factory gear from the car
5) buyers don't give a rats why you are selling the car -and it encourages them to hang back

kazbanz, Nov 21, 8:19pm
Use these exact wordsand better picws --I bet you get an immediate response
Here it is my well loved carup for sale,
It really is powerfulland has been looked after meticulously, warmed up every moring before use and serviced propperly
This is an extremly clean and tidy example of a version 5 with up model interior . The body work is really clean and tidy and the interior is spotless
There are minor wear mark in front drivers seat otherewise its perfect.

standard STI intercooler and turbo with blitz engine managment and turbo timer set up 20mm carbon fibre engine brace Fitted with a full 3 inch flow through stainles sports exhaust,give you the classic subaru noise with added performance and economy. fuel pump has been replaced 50km ago. Wheel wise its sitting on 16''RC ADVAN rally competition spec allloy rims all the tyres havea lot of tread remaining.
with .
Has Angle eye projector head lights andblack chrome rear tail lights All the factory parts are in the car original come with the car.
Feel free to ask any questions.

SPECIAL PRICE THIS WEEK
IVE LOWERD THE RESERVE TO 7500 THE SAME AS BUY NOW ,

bob1088, Nov 21, 10:28pm
good advice Kaz - only thing to add is that perhaps it should be advertised as modified Imprezza - it`s ex-Japan - reg. here in `05 - am told that every-one, at least once in their life, should own one! - just been for a spin in friends one (gen. sti) and they are an exciting drive.

hijacka, Nov 21, 11:10pm
I Dis agree! For a start.you need to be more ''Real'' about it!. why is the intake manifold not red! has the paint simply ''peeled off'' or has is been replaced with a standard wrx Engine! if thats the case then it doesn't have the forged pistons and high reving shim''under'' bucket heads which is half the reason why you would buy a STI. And aren't the headlights ''angel eye''! never heard or angle eye headlights perhaps thats a gook edition!
Anyway remove headlights and install factory ones sell headlights on here for 250 you will get that no problem. use that money to paint intake manifold wrinkle red.you can buy this paint at repco for around $35 a can and if you can't remove it and paint yourself then pay someone to do it, there will be plenty of people in your area on clubsub who will do it for peanuts. Also can't see a Blitz engine management only a turbo timer which is probably a fake along with the tacky boost gauge, And why are you saying the exhaust is performance stainless steel lol clearly the exhaust is mild steel as its rusted and look at the pipe bends lol . go find the factory rims for it and remove those hideous gay advans, when was the cambelt and clutch last done, has the turbo been inspected!

edangus, Nov 22, 12:18am
They copied you verbatim. Errors included. LOL

vtecnet, Nov 22, 6:43am
They are a quick fun car, but are also at the age where things go wrong, most of these for sale have had a full engine rebuild at a cost of $6k + and many people buying a car in this price range can't afford to fix it if it goes wrong.
I suggest taking it to turners auctions, I got $5700 for one last year and it was a non sti version of yours, could be worth a shot, mine was only a version 3 looking model

If you have the original headlights and tail lights then put them back on, the car will sell easier that way, instantly I wouldn't want that car because of those alone.

mm12345, Nov 22, 8:59am
I'm desperately trying to think why "the average person" would want to buy a WRX STI.
Nope, I suspect that the car is an enthusiast's vehicle, and that the average buyer would have a clue about tyres.
That said, I've got some Kingstar AT tyres on my 4WD, and they are (so far - 20,000km use) at least as good if not better than the Bridgestone and Goodyear tyres I've had before on the same vehicle - they stay in balance better, wet grip is okay, wear rate seems good).But I wouldn't put Kingstars on any performance car.

thejazzpianoma, Mar 30, 10:16pm
"tweeders"!
I suspect the car may sell better if it didn't come with period clad vintage bicycle enthusiasts.

This may help sell an aging Rover, but a WRX. not so much.